Community post

Discussion

Expecting my 3rd baby - early pregnancy nerves

View Full Post

Hi everyone, I'm now week 6 of pregnancy and I'm so paranoid! I've miscarried before and I'm stressing myself out worrying, I know I should be positive but I can't shake it... I also know what's meant to be is meant to be but it means so much to me this time.
My husband starts radiotherapy this week for cancer and it's going to leave him infertile so this baby is our last one by natural means! I need to get positive and stay positive but every twinge, cramp, and funny feeling down below has me running to the toilet to check for signs of MC....
Arghhhhhh....

29 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 29 Replies | Last Page

@emmalou117 - thanks hun.... I had my 7week scan today.. baby's heartbeat has gone up to 162 bpm... Super happy...
I will be relieved after the 12 week scan..
Dctr has scheduled another scan after 2 weeks... She is having all these extra scans bcoz of previous miscarriage ..
How are you doing dear ..? Which week is going on .?

6 years ago

Aww that is amazing hopeful - super happy for you!!

I'm 8 weeks 3 days (is it bad that the days count!?) for me every extra day is a massive achievement. I had a miscarriage in 2012 and even though I've had to healthy babies since it still plays on my mind so I totally get your worries.

Will this be your first baby? Sorry if you've already said... xx

6 years ago • Post starter

* two healthy babies that should say!

Ohh yes ... This will be my first baby. We have been trying for past 2 years..
The first time I got pregnant I was so happy and no stress or anxiety ...
But a miscarriage makes us ladies very cautious..

When is ur next u/s scheduled ??

6 years ago

Hey ladies!

Hopeful: Welcome! Did you have your follow up scan? How did it go??

Emmalou: those days count for sure!! It's great that you're looking at each day as a milestone, I think it is! One day at a time.. that's how I'm thinking of it too... one day at a time!

For1118: how are you feeling??

So for me, had my scan today, they saw the gestational sac and yolk sac, but no fetal pole yet... she said I'm measuring just as I should. Both the sono tech and RN that I saw said it's normal not to see the embryo but I'm still worried. I will go back in a week, the RN said 'that's what happens when you find out too early'. I wanted to punch her!! She was not very reassuring... I'm so paranoid and I just don't 'feel' pregnant... wish I could just turn my mind off...

6 years ago

6 years ago

Aww wow, do you live in U.K.?

We don't get scanned until 12 weeks routinely, I had an early scan due to a bit of spotting/ bleeding. I was 7 weeks and they said it was so small. My next scan is 10th July, seems like a lifetime away.

How far along do you think you are now? It's such good news that things are progressing so well for you. I do understand the nerves, that little heartbeat will be fluttering on the scan soon enough xx

No, actually I'm in the US, and I'm pretty sure it's the same here, no scan til around 12 weeks. But I had a ruptured ectopic so they wanted to confirm location. You are right though, it's progressing and I should look at it that way! I am 5 weeks, 5 days.
And I thank you for your encouragement! It helps to have others to vent too!

6 years ago

@AKJ976 - The scan turned out to be quit great as baby's heartbeat is now 162bpm... In 1 week I have another scan.. I had 1 miscarriage so they are giving me extra u/s ..which I am absolutely happy about ... It's stressful to wait ...

Don't worry .. i am sure ur little bubs heartbeat will come up on the screen in a week....

Do let us know how ur scan goes ...

6 years ago

How is everyone doing?!? It's been so quiet!
Well I have my update, I saw the baby and heart the heartbeat!! So grateful to God!!

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo