Community post

Discussion

TTC: 43 and hubby is in his 50's... Any success stories

My husband is an amazing man. We met 4 years ago, fell in love & got married. We only wish we had met when we were younger. We are in our 7th month trying to conceive. His tests look great. This is our first baby together, but I have 3 previous children. I am under the impression it will take longer to conceive, but how much longer? He takes fertile aid for men, CQ10, Vit. E, turmeric, joint health, potassium..

I'm wondering if anyone else has experience in this area. I know men are much more fertile for a lot longer in their lives.

TTC in my 40's is hard & I didn't expect it. Any experience or advice would be wonderful!

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I am 45 and my hubby is 50, and I just got a positive hpt yesterday. We had our first child together when I was 40 and we got blessed with a healthy, kind and strong little girl, it took us exactly 11 months to conceive her, we are now pregnant with out second child, but I am afraid of singing victory because in the last year and a half we have had three miscarriages ... We have conceived every time naturally without any meds...
It takes a little longer to conceive than when you are younger, but I certainly is NOT impossible or hard. Just be patient and in the meantime enjoy trying! And DO NOT listen to anyone's concerns or opinions of having children at a later age ... Truthfully it is a lot more fun having a baby in your 40's than in your 20's ... I know because I had my first son in my 20's and I am enjoying being a mom of a toddler a lot more now than I did then!

7 years ago

Hi,
I met my dh in my late 30's and I'm 6mths pregnant with our second child, I'm 45. Patience is def the key, it took me roughly 21/2yrs this time around but I do have some health issues. My luteal phase was too short and I used vitex to correct it and Macca root as a healthy boost to my fertility but didn't take anything after ovulation. I figured that if my body was going to sustain a pregnancy then I had to keep implantation as natural as possible.
I'm not sure if I would have tried so long if it wasn't for the support of some of the ladies on here so find a group of ladies that you can relate to. Try not to let ttc take over your life or each bfn will be a knife in your heart. I would also advise charting your bbt, if you haven't already, as it will show if you have any problem areas.
Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon

7 years ago

I just got married in December...my husband and I lived in different states so I would be with him like every other weekend or few weeks...I just moved in with him on 03-03-17...so I figure we would have better conception chances now that we are together all the time...yay! I love him so much...well I am 43 and he is 52. He has a 24 yr old daughter from a previous and I have a 24 year old daughter and 18 year old son from a previous relationship...I do VERY MUCH PRAY AND HOPE TO CONCEIVE! I hope there are others in same category as us to.whom I can re k ate...

7 years ago

Wow! We are in similar boats, Shezza. My husband & I have been together for 4 years, but just got married last November. He was relocated 5 hours away four months ago so catching the right timing has been close to impossible. I still have to commute due to my younger kids and work. According to the fertility tracking app I use, We've had two "excellent" months and the others were ok at best...

I've noticed a lot fewer fertile days each cycle than I had when I was younger & I think we keep missing them. I supposedly also have only one Fallopian tube due to adhesions and my Dr. Wants to do laparoscopic surgery.

However, I do believe it's still possible - especially for people with optimal fertility. Being in the same house every night has to be a bonus - LOL... Good luck to you!

7 years ago • Post starter

Two neighbors of mine who are almost 45 got pregnant and gave birth to healthy babies a few weeks ago. One lady conceived naturally, the second one underwent ivf pgs ngs. Good luck

7 years ago

Hi! I got it explained to me once by my doctor:
You are born with a basket of eggs, all green, as "good" eggsWhen you get older, the basket get less full due to all you loose during your cycles, and also the ones you still have get older. As time goes, many of the green eggs turn to red, and after 40, most eggs are red, so the chances for your body to actually catch one of the green eggs get smaller each cycle.I'm 45 now, and we are trying, but I know that this is a bit of a "mission impossible". But you can't blame one for trying. We got a baby in Sept last year, after 28 cycles, over 10 chemicals, one missed miscarriage and a tubal pregnancy. But in the end, we found one of the green eggs in the basket :))
We did it without meds, my doctor said that the reason I didn't get pregnant was my age, since I already had 4 children without any problems.
Good luck to you, just keep trying!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo