Community post

Discussion

TTC 43: TWW, need hope

I am feeling so sad. It started exactly 7 DPO (yesterday). My temp plummeted almost to the cover line. It went back up today but I had terrible insomnia and woke up two hours early...

I had my day 21 progesterone test done, but I'm sure it will be ok.. That's the problem with being 43 and TTC, everything looks "ok" "textbook"... But my dr, who sees a LOT of patients, can't recall but one patient that had a baby at my age... I feel hopeless... And robbed. I had no idea my fertility would so rapidly decline in my 40's... How awful to still have a perfect chart, perfectly length cycles, great hormone levels (except AMH = .57) and that's it.. Little chance, little hope...

I hope someone has some good stories to share... My husband is my soul mate. I have three kids (youngest is 7). He doesn't have any of his own and would love to have one child with me. Charting and taking supplements and the whole regimen is so hard...

Thank you all!!!

11 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi. I'm also 43 and ttc. Thought I was the oldest out there. I've recently had a sterilisation reversal and I've only one ovary and tube. We have to keep hope though :)

7 years ago

I'm 45 and 6 months pregnant, had to do it the natural way so took me longer but stick with it. It's a fertility doctors job to get our business so don't let them scare you too much. I have seen loads of women on this forum getting pregnant in their 40's and I hope you both get your bfp soon. Don't loose hope

7 years ago

@Kerzie you are my hero!!! So many ppl have negative stats and things to say about fertility over 40...I am so glad to meet someone that did it natural too...CONGRATS!!!

7 years ago

Thank you all for responding. This is possibly the hardest thing I've ever done. It seems all consuming... The testing, supplements, Dr's appts, etc...

I am on 13 DPO and just took at preg test. It was negative. We have been trying for 7 months and I'm not sure what to do next.

Charting BBT
3RD round of clomid
Progesterone 3 days after ovulation until period starts 200 mg (upped to 400 mg this cycle)
CQ10
Evening primrose
Estradiol days 7-12
baby aspirin last ½ of cycle
Folic acid

I had an HSG & one of my tubes is supposedly blocked... Probably have pelvic adhesions from my first delivery 21 years ago (she was a c-section)

Last baby is 7 years old, but was conceived the first month of trying...

I never knew I would get so old so fast... When my husband and I met I was sure I was fertile... But 3 years later & this.. I so desperately want to give him a child of his own, but we have a significant age gap & I feel hopeless to the whole thing...

Thank you for your hope... I need it...

7 years ago • Post starter

Stay positive, I myself know a few women at advanced maternal age, who got pregnant naturally or via ivf PGS NGS with donor eggs.

6 years ago

Have Faith!!! I'm 43...will be 44 in July. I have a 17 year old son, and at 16 dpo, I just found out that I'm pregnant! Stay Encouraged and Walk in Faith? Baby Dust...xoxo

6 years ago

Thank you so much! It's very hard ... I never gave it much thought when I was younger, but now it's an issue because that clock is so loud & we want our own child so very much!!

6 years ago • Post starter

I have big kids with my ex and a little guy with my husband. I turned 43 the year he was born.

We are ttc his #2, my #4. Despite being perimenopausal, I have faith in our chances. The key is lots of loving and comforting touch. It just takes time for all that chemical signaling from fluid exchange to sink in.

Something else I did was deep abdominal massage alongside acupuncture. Brought blood into the area and altered my periods for the better.

It is also good just you time.

Do you have a community in person to support you? I did not but found this very online community to be so wonderful in keeping my (frantic) peace. Being understood/sisterhood is priceless.

I have faith in you and your dh having another kiddo. Be peaceful with yourself and one another. It is a long haul.

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

6 years ago

@kieverenes - that is great to hear!!!

@MountainMama - I have been reading about acupuncture for fertility, but didn't know anyone that tried it...so how often did you do it?

6 years ago

I don't get it. You feel hopeless and robbed?? What???? I am turning 43 this year and I had one miscarriage this year and four last year. I have no living kids.
What I don't get is how you with full families are so upset. You are already blessed with THREE kids. I do wish you the best and that your dreams come true, but with three kids it sounds like your dream has come true at least three times AND you feel you met your soulmate. Sounds to me you live in a fairytale already. That is more than most people ever get blessed with.

Me 45 DH 39 7 angels ttc since fall 2015

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo