Community post

Discussion

9DPO TTC#2 tww survival tips please!

View Full Post

Hi Everyone! I'm fairly new to the site, currently 9 DPO and driving myself insane, looking for any advise for surviving the TWW!!.....With my first, it took 2 years to conceive, I had irregular cycles and some months never ovulated, drove myself absolutely insane!! I promised myself if we ever tried again I wouldn't go nuts....and then here I am, 9 DPO and blowing through internet tests like a mad woman :) This is my 4th month TTC and my cycles have been text book perfect since stopping the pill-which is VERY unusual for me-so I thought hey, maybe this time it will be nice and easy??? Nope...last month I did have a CP and it was actually a relief just knowing everything is working without having to get poked and prodded 2-3 times a month.

Anyways, done rambling!! How do you find the patience and will power to not test constantly??? Gosh I wish I could just wait until AF is due, test, and let it be. Seeing BFN after BFN is exhausting and depressing, pure torture! Yet month after month I put myself through it, I can't help it! lol

75 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

51 - 60 of 75 Replies | Last Page

How have you been doing, Tina? Just an update on my side - checking CP today I almost couldn't tell the difference between my cervix and my vaginal wall - it was that soft! Position was medium and it was definitely closed. And I still have that snot-like opaque CM...it actually reminds me of my mucus plug. Hopefully, it's a good sign!

Symptom-wise, I've just started to become super duper tired yesterday - like falling asleep while sitting up kind of tired. Even now I just want to close my eyes. That, and a lack of appetite and headache.

What's new with you?

7 years ago

Hi!! I'm doing pretty good-definitely getting wiped out from pre-ovulation hormones. I think I'm more fatigued now than before the comes! Bbs soooo soar, and cramps! So....ovulation is coming! negative OPK today though. I'll retest later today....I'm feeling too awful to not be almost ovulating lol

Interesting you have the mucus type discharge...I did have that before before, I swore it was my mucus plug!! lol it was almost exactly the same, then shortly after the arrived....so....maybe that spotting you experienced was implantation???? Or maybe the is going to start regulating so you can finally have a normal cycle!

Have you POAS again yet? The symptoms always stink but...at least you know that's the hormones flowing through you, and your body is trying to do something right!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hey! Glad to hear I'm not the only person feeling miserable today. Lol

I did take my last test earlier (you can see it on my page) but I'm always wanting to see things that aren't there, so I'm sure it's negative. And now I have no more tests to tease myself with, at least until I get another batch.

CM is super confusing...I wish I could just know now, you know. I'm so impatient. Lol. I know DH and I didn't get to try as much this time, but I was hoping for another miracle. It'd just be nice to have some closure, but I guess I'll need to be more patient for that. Haha

7 years ago

When I greyscale it I see something-ish lol it's hard with the ones that have a casing, I feel like the casing makes a shadow!! One of these days they will come up with something to detect it instantly .... we all wish huh???? Gosh it would make things SO much easier!!!!

I retested with my OPK just now, and it's still negative but the line it just slightly lighter than the control line---given that I've had realllllly annoying cramps all day, and am just feeling BLAH, I would think I'm ovulating soon...which is insane, today is CD10??? I hope I didn't ovulate already, cause that means I missed it haha I guess being on the pill for so long really altered my cycles!!! But boy, these cramps are starting to be a pain!!

I would retest if I were you in about a week if the doesn't show!! That spotting was the right timing for implantation wasn't it?

I think that you should trust your body - goodness knows that our apps have failed us and even some tests have failed us.

Besides, maybe you just had implantation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding before and are now getting all those hormones revved up in preparation for the baby!

Hey, you know what? The line got a little darker after sitting there, so I figured that it was an evap line. Normally when I see an evap line, I always do the little water test (put a drop of water on it to see if the line goes away - they've always gone away), but this time, I looks like the line is still there!

I'm gonna go get some FRER tests during lunch just in case! I'm trying really hard not to let my hopes up in case I'm just having a serious case of line eye - I don't want to show DH until I'm sure, you know?

Wish me luck!

7 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! Definitely retesting is a good idea! Keep me posted!!!

I hear ya-DH always thinks I'm crazy..especially because I have had chemicals in the past, he doesn't trust HPTs lol He said he'd only believe an ultrasound at this point .

My OPKs are progressing quite nicely!! Boy I wish my HPTs would look like this!! If I don't get a positive tonight or tomorrow I'd be shocked. The annoying cramps went away for the most part, but I have had a very heavy and veryyyy achy feeling down there, a huge migraine, and soooo tired, plus my OPK was darn near positive. We bd last night just in case, I know some brands don't ever get as dark as the control line. But this was very close! I hope tomorrow it's positive, so I can make sense of all these cramps!

I'm really hoping that line turns into a super huge for you very soon!!!!

Yay for ovulation!

My tests are mostly squinters at this point. But I'm going to try to wait it out for a few days before testing again... Give the HCG a chance to build up, I hope.

I showed DH the snotty CM (you can see this in my photos) and he said that he remembered it being like that before we found out we were pregnant and said "are you trying to tell me something?" I WISH!

As of right now, I still don't have enough self control because I'm still testing everyday. Haha.

Hope you guys catch ovulation and get that

I'll keep you posted!

7 years ago

Hello! I took a look at your CM pic-I've had that same snotty CM with my DD and with my 2 chemical pregnancies, so maybe it is a sign??? How are your HPTs coming along? The test I saw you posted the other day looks just about the same as the one a few days ago to me!!

My OPKs are still positive lol I don't really know what's normal...I thought they were only supposed to be positive for 24 hours? I have a follow up with my Dr in a couple days to make sure there's not a cyst, because ever since that day I had really annoying cramps, I've been feeling so achy down there, and just plain exhausted!! We've been BDing every day JUST in case I feel like my body geared up to ovulate, and did, and now I'm just tired, grumpy, and achy LOL reallll fun

Hoping you are having better luck!!! Any sign of the at all??

Hey Tina!

Whoa. All positives this whole time?! You know, I've heard of OPKs being used as HPTs...have you tried taking an HPT yet, just to rule it out? The symptoms sound very promising!

As for me, that sticky, stringy CM still hasn't gone away, but there's one difference now - it has had a very light brown tinge to it these past two days...not sure what to say about that yet. My HPTs are still inconclusive. I feel like they aren't stark white anymore like a true negative, but they aren't clear enough for me to say that they are positive.

Since last week, I've also been super tired (like taking naps during the day tired), had backaches, headaches, lack of appetite, some nausea, soft stools/diarrhea (sorry TMI), and bad gas. This weekend started the acne, sore nipples and more heavy feeling in my uterus...and there's a dull ache here and there. The sad thing is that all these symptoms are the same for pregnancy and AF, so who the heck even knows anymore.

CM this morning was oddly sticky, but wet at the same time, not sure how that even happened. And CP remains closed, but varies in position, and only in soft/semi-soft state, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Keep me posted! I don't want to jump the gun, but I really hope that we get our very very soon!

7 years ago

Wow your symptoms sound like me I checked my CM yesterday and this morning and it at first was very watery, then examining it more, it's sticky?? backacke, headache, acne, soft stool, everything-I blame progesterone!! haha

Being the POAS addict that I am....I DID POAS and it was sadly, . But, last evening I finally got a negative OPK. Which would explain the significant increase in symptoms today! Now the horrid TWW begins!! Of course.....I don't know what day to count as ovulation!!! I think I'll go with the middle...maybe it caught the surge going up and going down and just took a while for the egg to actually release. Who knows anymore!

Knowing me and my terrible track record...I'm sure I'll start POAS in a couple of days

I'm sure are coming our way!!! Let's keep hoping this is our month!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo