Community post

Discussion

IVF Coming up in late February - First Try... anyone else?

View Full Post

It looks like they will be doing the egg retrieval either the week of 2/19 or 2/26. I am currently still on the 3-month lupron shot for endometriosis/adenomyosis and will be going on low dose lupron at the end of the month until they trigger me. I am getting very nervous and excited.... and at the same time DO NOT want to get my hopes up as we do not qualify for any IVF guarantee programs due to my issues and my RE doesn't seem overly confident.

Anyone else doing IVF soon?!?!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

26 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

21 - 26 of 26 Replies

Good luck with you trial transfer tomorrow! It's a breeze. It takes 5 minutes and they use a little stomach ultrasound that will send your brain to baby heaven thinking "aw this is what it will be like when there's something in there!".

I had my retrieval this morning! They got 12 eggs and said they would call me tomorrow with an update on how many got fertilized and what not. I had no pain whatsoever for the retrieval, they knocked me out pretty quick (and the drug they gave me leading to that made me all warm and light and it was lovely.) and next thing I know I'm waking up and they're telling me how many eggs they got! I haven't really had any pain since, as soon as I felt a twinge starting I took some pain meds. The nausea though..its awful. All yesterday I had to lay down and for the past 3-4 hours today I've felt it again. I'd say thats been the worst part for me.

Excited to hear how your process goes!

7 years ago

Well of the 12 eggs only 5 were mature, and none of them fertilized. So that looks like that's it for me.

7 years ago

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. Sending hugs your way.

7 years ago • Post starter

Couldn't you try it again with ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection)? We gave the approval for that today if his count doesn't look good the day of egg retrieval.

I have had a trial transfer before (a few months ago when we almost did IVF at shady grove) and it was slightly painful but I survived. Today was awful! They couldn't get where they needed to go and ended up inserting the speculum twice! I was in tears. I have a lot of pain in there though from my adenomyosis. It took about 45 minutes. It was awful lol.

All 5 of them were done with ICSI and still none fertilized, so I'm honestly not sure what they could have done differently =/

a 45 minute transfer!? wow! Hopefully the real thing isn't that difficult!

7 years ago

Oh no... I am really sorry babybump. I feel so bad. :(

I hope the real thing isn't that difficult as well. I think she got it figured out. She said some cases are more difficult and this is exactly why they do the trials. I have to make sure I drink a ton of water before the real deal I guess. I am a nervous wreck. I start the lupron home injections on the 7th and go for my baseline on the 16th.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo