Community post

Discussion

TTC in 2017

View Full Post

Hi ladies, I don't know if anyone continued this board from 2016 on to 2017. But if so, I can't find it. Just thought we could support each other through the trials and tribulations of trying to conceive. Hoping 2017 is all our year with blessings, baby dust and good fortune our way !

We're having a baby!!!

18 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 18 of 18 Replies

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing?!
I'm on day 8 of stimming drugs for our first IVF cycle - taking Gonal F in the Am and Menopur in the Pm. Next ultrasound is Thursday to see how everything is growing but so far I have 12 follicles and they are all growing well. I'm 42 so my RE says the response is good. Retreival will be Saturday or Sunday morning and then transfer five days after that. I'm also doing fertility accupuncture so we'll see how it helps.

How is everyone else?

7 years ago

Glad to hear from you, Violet 123! Love hearing stories from us older, persistent ladies TTC and especially success stories!!! I'm hoping this for you, for all of us!!! I am 40, hubby 36, and we have been TTC our first for over 2 years with irregular cycles. I have my first RE appointment on Tuesday and I am overly ready and excited for this!!! I hope your ultrasound shows nice, healthy and ready to go eggs and that retrieval is an amazing success!!! Keep us posted!!!

We're having a baby!!!

7 years ago • Post starter

I never thought that they will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with the help with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@mail.com

7 years ago

sunaet0625, how did your appointment go today? We got 10 eggs at retrieval on Sunday - 9 were good and 6 fertilized - have our five day transfer on Friday the 10th - then we wait and see!

7 years ago

Awwwww, Violet, that's awesome! Again, this gives me hope, so thank you once again. The appointment went really well. The RE was much nicer and open to the idea of me having a baby at 40 than my obgyn was; she had a very snippy attitude with me and gave me all the negatives of getting pregnant and being a parent in my 40's. The RE was very encouraging. He even joked to my husband and I about how pretty my uterus was, how nice it was shaped, and how it looked strong (showed us the muscles in the ultrasound). So that was promising. Then he moved on to my ovaries and could not believe how many eggs he saw. I think he was shocked I still have so many... something about 8 when I should have 5 (this part I was a little confused about). Anyway, he also checked for PCOS, which I may have as he thought so perhaps on my left ovary, but nothing significant. I don't ovulate often, maybe 5-8 times per year. It used to be 2-3 times per year and always had been like that until I started using vitex. He seems to think I have many eggs, although, he isn't sure about the quality of them. He ordered all the necessary tests and plans to start me on chlomid. He says he thinks my brain isn't sending my ovaries the proper signal to ovulate and he provided me a name for this syndrome, but I can't remember what it is called. I will write it down next time I hear it. I feel so optimistic for the first time in ages.

We're having a baby!!!

sunaet0625, this is wonderful news!!! You must feel so much hope for the first time in ages!! I do think it's terrible how a lot of OBs have such a negative attitude about women at 40 getting pregnant. Fortunately my OB and RE both say it's entirely possible and there are so many more people getting pregnant later these days. Surround yourself with people who believe it's possible and it will happen for you. I'm curious, what are the next steps - did you say Clomid? Would you do an IUI?

I'm having my 5 day transfer tomorrow - egg retrieval was Sunday and as of Wednesday we had six embryos still growing - we'll see how many are left tomorrow. The plan at this point is to transfer two.

7 years ago

Yes, we would love to carry forward it.

7 years ago

Violet 123, I hope the transfer was a huge success!!! All very exciting news, I am very excited for you and cannot wait to hear your good news ! I definitely would do an IUI if Clomid doesn't work magic and I am also open to using other medications. Blood work confirmed that I did ovulate, finally, around cycle day 63-64 when I got a blazing opk. Ridiculous, erratic cycles...but thank God it happened and I am starting to believe, truly, that it is in God's timing. I should start a period early next week. On cycle day 3, I go in for an FSH test. I am also starting Clomid next week !!!

We're having a baby!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo