Community post

Discussion

Postive... and then AF

Not sure how common this is with pregnancies.. I've been googling my brains out trying to find some sort of info.

On 12/26 I tested positive on a HPT with FMU making me about 12/13 DPO (I wasn't tracking and this was absolutely an accidental pregnancy). Then Tuesday, started my period 2 days early. I know for sure it's not implantation bleeding because there is a lot of blood and clots as well. I took another HPT 12/27 midday and it was more faint than Monday's test and I took another one this morning with FMU and it looked like yesterday's test again. I am scheduled for Tuesday January 3rd to go to the doc's but just wondering if anyone else has/is going through this?
I know my options are:
1. Chemical Pregnancy
2. Baby is still trying to implant?
3. Decidual Bleeding (kinda rare)
4. I'm just one of those people that has periods/vaginal bleeding around their period during their pregnancy.

Any help, info or stories you have would be helpful during this week long wait before the doc confirms a pos/neg result!

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I hope someone replies.very no experience but from reading maybe chemical. I'm really sorry if it is and I hope you're doing OK. Fx that it isn't though

7 years ago

I did this in the spring and it was a chemical . I hope it turns out positive for you !!!

7 years ago

Thanks ladies! It's definitely something. My period is heavy but not AS heavy as it normally is. I've been taking a test every morning (bought enough to go until Tuesday morning too) and I still keep getting a super faint line on the FRER. My SIL is a nurse (and on baby #2) and she is completely baffled as well since the line isn't getting darker but it's also not going away and I'm still bleeding. It's just getting a little frustrating not knowing what's going on but hopefully I'll get some answers next week! Will keep this updated until I know. Xx

7 years ago • Post starter

Did you find out anything? ... I just got a BFP last Wednesday. AF was due yesterday and I started spotting. Test was still positive. Not any darker than previous ones. Would love to know what you learned.

7 years ago

Hi BelieveTrustLove,
So I couldn't getting into the doctor until that following Tuesday..all HPT's since the Thursday before my appointment came back negative and my bloodwork came back negative following my appointment. So I miscarried basically as soon as I found out, or as the completely insensitive and dehumanizing term for this is a "chemical pregnancy". I think spotting is okay but I literally was full blown period with tampons and the works.
I hope it works out for you! I hope this helps ease your mind a little!

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! Thank you for the information.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo