Community post

Discussion

6 weeks u/s -blood clot inside gestational sac no fetal pole

View Full Post

Hello everyone,
I am eager for help/advice on what I'm going through right now. If anyone has been through what I'm about to describe, please tell me your experience. I am affraid for the worst, but still clinging on to hope.

Today, I am 6 weeks pregnant. According to my lmp which was on Sept 13th. I went for my first ultrasound today and what we saw was a gestational sac, no distinct fetal pole or heartbeat because there was an obstruction blocking up the view inside. It almost looked like faint white lines bundled up in the middle. The Dr said it looked to be a collection of blood INSIDE the sac, or a blood clot and it was "normal". I have never ever heard of this being "normal" before. I previously had a miscarriages 2 months before this pregnancy and I'm so scared of loosing this one too. The Dr said that there was a chance that I just could have been too early as I could have ovulated late and scheduled me for another ultrasound in 2 days time with a other beta draw. I got my betas taken after the ultrasound today and will get the results in the morning. Has anyone out there been through this? What was your outcome? Good or bad I just need someone right now. I have no answers, and nothing to read up on. These next two days are going to be the longest days of my life, not knowing whether this will turn out to be good for me and the baby. I have all the pregnancy symptoms, very nauseous, soar boobs, peeing alot. I have had absolutely NO bleeding or cramping what so ever. No signs of an impending miscarriage like i did a couple months ago. This time is so different, I feel like I did with my son who is 1. With my miscarriage, my sypmtoms went away and I had terrible cramps. I am praying for a good outcome. Please, someone out there is bound to have been through this! Hoping to get some light shed through someones experience. Thank you all!

All the best to everyone and sending lots of...

11 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 11 of 11 Replies

Awesome

User Image Ds born 1/12/13 Dd born 1/6/15

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo