Community post

Discussion

6 weeks u/s -blood clot inside gestational sac no fetal pole

Hello everyone,
I am eager for help/advice on what I'm going through right now. If anyone has been through what I'm about to describe, please tell me your experience. I am affraid for the worst, but still clinging on to hope.

Today, I am 6 weeks pregnant. According to my lmp which was on Sept 13th. I went for my first ultrasound today and what we saw was a gestational sac, no distinct fetal pole or heartbeat because there was an obstruction blocking up the view inside. It almost looked like faint white lines bundled up in the middle. The Dr said it looked to be a collection of blood INSIDE the sac, or a blood clot and it was "normal". I have never ever heard of this being "normal" before. I previously had a miscarriages 2 months before this pregnancy and I'm so scared of loosing this one too. The Dr said that there was a chance that I just could have been too early as I could have ovulated late and scheduled me for another ultrasound in 2 days time with a other beta draw. I got my betas taken after the ultrasound today and will get the results in the morning. Has anyone out there been through this? What was your outcome? Good or bad I just need someone right now. I have no answers, and nothing to read up on. These next two days are going to be the longest days of my life, not knowing whether this will turn out to be good for me and the baby. I have all the pregnancy symptoms, very nauseous, soar boobs, peeing alot. I have had absolutely NO bleeding or cramping what so ever. No signs of an impending miscarriage like i did a couple months ago. This time is so different, I feel like I did with my son who is 1. With my miscarriage, my sypmtoms went away and I had terrible cramps. I am praying for a good outcome. Please, someone out there is bound to have been through this! Hoping to get some light shed through someones experience. Thank you all!

All the best to everyone and sending lots of...

11 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Just went through this! Its probably your yok sac your seeing
I had an ultrasound at 5.5 and all that was there was a gestational sac and yok sac they scheduled me for a follow up 11 long days later and today was that day ,i went in and within seconds there was my baby with a heartbeat ! Im now 8 weeks
We have been ttc for 7 years and ive lost 4 very early so the stress was horrible! Try to relax your probably just really early

7 years ago

Thank you Tinkey1975, I am really praying that thats all it was! I go back tomorrow for a follow up and we will go from there if there is still no fetal pole or visible heart beat. Trying not to stress, but it's so hard not to :(

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
I have a week by week app on my phone that explains the development of the baby each week and the heart usually starts to beat during week 6 or 7 so it sounds normal. As long as your beta numbers are rising as they should don't worry about a heart beat at this stage. I'm 7wks 5 days and going today for my follow up scan and blood tests. It's hard not stressing but getting the symptoms is a good sign. Best of luck

7 years ago

Update: My beta values were 443, and the follow up ultrasound showed a very irregular fluid filled sac, not as round and distinct as the last time, it looked like a flattened banana. There was no yolk sac or anything inside. My left side (ovary) has been hurting, and with my values so high the dr said that the sac in my uterus could be a pseudo sac and the pregnancy is possibly in my tube - ectopic. I'm terrified and in pain and discomfort. We could not see anything in my tube on the ultrasound because it probably is too early to see anything . So i have a follow up appointment on friday for another ultrasound. Had my betas drawn today will find out what they are tomorrow .

Dont give up just yet
Your still really early
Sending positive thoughts your way!
Please keep us posted ?

7 years ago

Yes i will definitely keep updating! I went to tgr ER last night. For pain on my left side, the found a cyst on ny ovary but they said that could have been the corpus luteum which sustains the pregnancy. The sac is very irregular shaped and the doctor thinks that it could still be an ectopic despite the fact the didnt see anything in my tubes, it could still be early. My hcg levels more than doubled, came back at 1153. So that means the pregnancy is progressing, somewhere but not sure where yet. I have a repeat ultrasound on friday and another quant to check my betas. The doctor said pregnancies with irregular sacs have a high chance of ending in miscarriage. They will monitor me closely. I feel okay, just discomfort on my left side at times, and nauseous throughout the day. Soar boobs. The usual preggo symptoms. I'm really praying for a good outcome, but I am ready to accept the worst at this point. Thanks for everyone's insight and support! Means a lot to me!

Praying it all works out for you

7 years ago

So I went to my ultrasound this morning, and they said that the fluid filled sac is now being re absorbed by my body (it's just a thin flat line now and much much smaller instead of a large banana shape) and a normal round gestational sac is forming where it should be. So the threat of an ectopic is out the window. My numbers are doubling like they should be, the sac was empty, no yolk sac yet. I have a repeat sono and beta results on Monday. I cant wait! After this nightmare things are looking pretty good! I pray we see a little bean and yolk sac and a heart beat soon!

Awesome news so far, I pray it continues this way

User Image Ds born 1/12/13 Dd born 1/6/15

7 years ago

Some more good news, on this past monday we saw a yolk sac developing! Yay! And my beta came back at 4641. Everything is progressing normally. I asked the doctor what could have caused the fluid sac that was abnormal which is almost completely gone now, and she said it could have been from implantation. I have a follow up ultrasound on this coming monday and we expect to see a heartbeat and fetal pole! By the grace of God everything is turning out okay. The Dr also dated me at 5.5 weeks on Monday Oct 31th. And according to my LMP I am supposed to be 7 weeks that monday. Talk about a late ovulation!

I just want to say thanks for everyone's response, and keeping my hope alive. It means the world to me! God bless!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo