Community post

Discussion

TTC 1st - Confusing HPT results

Hi everyone, I'm hoping for a little insight/advice. My husband and I are TTC our 1st child. I didn't track my ovulation this month so I'm not sure when I actually ovulated. I took a FRER on Monday morning (CD 29) using FMU. I got a faint 2nd line. I held it for another hour and tested with a Target Brand Early Test and got a faint 2nd line. Then, on Tuesday morning (CD 30) I took a Clearblue Digital that came back "Not Pregnant" :( I tested again this morning (CD 31) with FRER using FMU and the 2nd line was there but seemed much fainter. I got so discouraged! I took another Target Brand a few hours later and had another faint 2nd line. About an hour ago I took one of the Clearblue Week Estitmate tests and it came back "Pregnant 1-2"! I'm so excited but I'm also nervous this may be a false positive and/or a chemical pregnancy? I've read online the lines should be getting darker on the other tests (FRER and Target Brand) and that when they don't they are usually chemical pregnancies. Also, should I wait in the hopes that the lines get darker to call my doctor? I have VERY irregular periods so I don't even know when my missed period would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I would for sure call OB and make an appointment for a blood test. Since you've had multiple positives (regardless of faint lines) you're probably in the clear. When I was looking at tests that were chemical pregnancies, they had a few negative line tests. Since the CBD test said pregnant 1-2 weeks, you're probably early enough on in the pregnancy that the lines aren't showing much progression just yet. Is it possible to maybe have your cycle days mixed up? Do you know what day you possibly ovulated? Good luck! Keep us posted!

7 years ago

Tarralee - thank you!
I've been documenting my cycles on a calendar. I honestly have no idea when I ovulated this month. I was teaming in previous months but decided. Or to this month because DH gets stressed out when he knows if "go time".
I've been going off of the date of the first day of my last period (which was September 19th) Am I calculating right?

Thanks so much for your help - I didn't know if it was too soon to call my Dr. I read online sometimes they won't see you until 6-8 weeks!!

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo