Community post

Discussion

Soy Isoflavones (good idea or bad?)

Hello, I have been TTC for 14 months now, and I REALLY want to try soy isoflavones this next cycle but I'm reading somewhere that I shouldn't if I take thyroid meds? Do you all think it would really hurt if I'm only taking them for 5 days??? I also have APAS and I've been on a baby aspirin since June 2011, I'm starting to lose hope. Please let me know what you ladies think! Thank you!

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

uhm I am not sure as I do not take thyroid meds but from what I read it is not suggested to use while on the meds.
Maybe someone can chime in what worked for them while on thyroid medication? sorry i am not much more help but fx! that you will find your answers !

User Image

12 years ago

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-18270-Soy+Isoflavones+Oral.aspx?drugid=18270&drugname=Soy+Isoflavones+Oral&dmid=1034&dmtitle=CALCIUM%20CARBONATE/LEVOTHYROXINE&intrtype=DRUG&pagenumber=9

I looked it up and mostly it just said that the SI would reduce the amount of the thyroid medication that is absorbed!!! I would call your OB and see what he/she says about it. Or call your pcp...

12 years ago

Thanks guys!!! I think I am going to try it for one month... my husband and I talked about it last night and decided.... it's ONLY 5 days... won't hurt more then the past 14 months of trying! lol!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo