Community post

Discussion

Male factor infertility

View Full Post

Hello, we are TTC for a year now. I know that this is not a very long time, but in November last year we were diagnosed with MFI, so it may take a while longer (hopefuly not that long). I was wandering if anyone who is "in the same boat" have any suggestions. I will be glad if I can hear some success stories too. We did our first IUI a day ago, so I am hoping for a BFP, even though I know that the chance of conceiving is very low. Well, I guess you never know, we need only one sperm after all.
A lot of baby dust to all of you!

User Image User Image IUI # 1 JAN 3rd, 2012 IUI # 2 Jan 31st, 2012 IUI# 3 Nov 20th, 2012 femara + HCG trigger hot I folicle - 21mm, uterus lining 8.3 mm Moving on!!! IVF # 1 in progress

19 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 19 of 19 Replies

Thanks Grasshopper,

We're done what I think will be our last IUI. My DH had 92.9 million total count with 9 million post wash. The motility was 59% post wash, but unfortunately the morphology was at 0% this time. We've never had zero normal before. I'm feeling ambivalent with this round. Last time was text book good but it still failed. This one has had timing issues all the way through, and now 0% normal. If it works I will be completely shocked.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

I have been ttc for 18 cycles now. The last 3 cycles have been iui's. All have been unsuccessful cycles. Re referred dh to urologist because his sperm has been dropping since april. So friday he has to get an ultrasound of his testecles then hopefully they will know why his sperm motility and morph. Has been dropping and why its taking so long to conceive... im preparing myself for the worse. I really am down and depressed with this entire journey and i had nowhere to turn...

Gl and baby dust to you all!

11 years ago

Hello Ladies, So my husband and I have been TTC for 4-5 months and I know thats not a long time at all but we were NTNP for over two years before that and nothing. My cycles are fairly regular so I started to look into possible hubby issues. He being a past steriod user also made me more concerned of his vitality. So started off with doing a home SA, I breed and raise horses so I had a brightfield microscope (a cheap one mind you) for biology purposes. The first analysis was devastating, I looked through every drop of the sample and there was zero movement anywhere! So i started him and I on the vitamins and herbs. I have him taking Zinc, Selenium, CoQ10, Omega 3's, folic acid, Vitamin E (tocepherol not tocepheryl), vitamin C, Vitamin B 12 and the B complex, L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, Maca root capsules as well as Black Maca powder (in a shot glass mixed with hot chocolate mix, yuck terrible stuff). Anyway herbs and vitamins usually take a while to kick in, plus it takes about 100 days for sperm creation from start to finish, so the first few months there was no change in the home SA. Now coming on five months after starting his pill regime (first month with Maca) I was shocked to see what an improvement in his count, motility and morphology! like 400% better! So as of right now I feel hopeful for us! and I really am believing in the herbs. I have not yet had a BFP but I just wanted to share about the amazing difference these natural inexpensive supplements have made.

11 years ago

same boat here MFI, my hubby has low to no motility. i have him on menevit and vit c, his treid l-carnitine and was on zinc for a little while. i have just ordered fertilaid and motility boost after a recommendation from here. we have been ttc for 19months no luck. its killing me......

TTC for 3 years. Me 29 Hubby 28 We were initially told Male fertility, low motility and now we have been told we have 'unexplained infertility' Failed iui #1 Sept 2013 Failed iui #2 Oct 2013 Failed IVF #1 - May 2014 - no eggs were fertilized. apparently my eggs rejected hubbys swimmers in IVF, im still not sure what this is called, but looks like our Fertility issue is that my antibodies may be rejecting hubby....

10 years ago

Good Luck. No motility is a hard one. If they don't swim, there is not too much of a chance without IVF with ICSI.

I hope that the vitamins help him.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Happy for those who did it. and bol for them who trying ... you can ask or read all about your infertility que here .

http://ranafertility.com/blog/

6 years ago

From what I have read in case of severe male factor IVF with ICSI or PGS NGS may actually increase chances of getting pregnant

6 years ago

yes, ICSI is good technique to make IVF Result more effective...

6 years ago

I suppose PGS NGS is also effective, depends on individual situation

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo