Community post

Discussion

HPT & OPK TIPS

Just wanted to post this for those who may not know:

When taking hpt (Home Pregnancy Tests), First morning Urine (FMU) is best if you are testing early. If you are testing the day of,or anytime AFTER your period, you can test any time of day. Hcg (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) doubles every 78 hours AFTER implantation.

DO NOT consume excessive amounts of liquid trying to "save enough pee" prior to taking an hpt, as this will dilute your results i.e, a positive result may be "washed away".

It DOES NOT matter if the second line on your hpt is as dark as the control line- "A line is a line". An "evaporation line" is seen as "shadowy" or grey. If there is color, it's not an evaporation line.

On an opk (ovulation test), the second line DOES have to be as dark as the first, or it's considered a "negative".

The BEST time of day to test for your LH (Lutenizing Hormone) surge (Otherwise known as "ovulation") is between 2 and 8 PM -NOT first thing in the morning.

This information has been gathered from MANY, MANY hours of on-line searches of medical and fertility websites, and "perousing" of medical journals.

I hope this helps someone with TTC (Trying To Conceive)

God Bless, , and !

1 Reply • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Also (forgot to add), Implantation- when the "fertilized egg" implants in the lining of the uterus- takes place between 5- 12 days AFTER ovulation.

Hcg is only detected AFTER implantation, and doubles every 78 hours thereafter.

You should NOT try to test any time before 8 DPO, as implantation may not have even taken place yet.

Only 20% of women experience "implantation spotting/bleeding", so don't think "It didn't work!" just because you don't experience any.

A "lack of symptoms" does not mean you're not pregnant- not ALL women have nausea, sore breasts, etc.- I didn't, and my nearly 5 year old daughter is proof that I WAS pregnant. ;)

I have also suffered 5 miscarriages. I had different symptoms with all of them.

Every pregnancy, just as every WOMAN, is different.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo