Community post

Discussion

4 Months TTC #1 @ 30

So we have been ttc for 4 months now. Every single month I get my hopes up just to be let down. I have charted bbt, used opk, and journal-ed every single symptom. I also use the Ovia app for ttc. And every month we bd on every fertile day and nothing! This month I found an O chart on justmommies.com. It is different than Ovia and showed different fertile days with symptoms I may be having on each day. It is dead on! (Note - I have only a 23 day cycle)

CD - 11 - July 10 - O day - had lots of ewcm and some o pain but nothing out of the ordinary for me.

CD - 12 - July 11 - 1 dpo - lots of ewcm, restless sleep.

CD - 13 - July 12 - 2 dpo - some ewcm, twinges in my right and left side very low. Restless sleep, back ache, head ache.

CD - 14 - July 13 - 3 dpo - school glue cm, twinges in my right and left side alternating, cramps, heavy feeling, pressure very low. Restless sleep, back ache. Super Moody! Stuffy Nose and super tired.

CD - 15 - July 14 - 4 dpo - school glue cm, still having the twinges in both sides, cramps, heavy pressure type feeling very low.Restless sleep, back ache. Super Moody!! Stuffy nose and super tired. Today I am thirstier than usual.

CD - 16 - July 15 - 5 dpo - still having twinges, still heaviness and pressure, still crazy thirsty, super tired even after a good night sleep, stuffy nose. New symptom this morning -- bb's are tender. Not unbearable but definitely noticeable.

I am trying so hard not to read into any of this because I know it is too early. Every month I get my hopes up and then BAM -- AF! This month is different though. I have never had these constant cramps, back ache and low twinges. I am never moody like this -- I have cried over something DH said or didn't say every day since O.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Could this finally be my month?

User Image

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Your symptom progression is similar to mine and my O day was close to yours. I'm on a tight budget as far as ttc right now and didn't have any ovulation strips to confirm, so I had to guestimate based on body clues. But I'm certain that I O'd on either the 10th or 11th (hoping I didn't O earlier and miss our window, though it's unlikely since this was early to begin with). Temping doesn't work with my sleep patterns and some cycles we only get one shot to BD.

What makes it so difficult to distinguish early pregnancy symptoms from normal post-ovulation symptoms is that this early in the game, any symptoms are all caused by increased progesterone. Hcg won't start to hit your bloodstream until implantation. But many women will swear that there is a distinct difference even before implantation. So it's literally a waiting game.

On the upside, we're entering the typical implantation range. :D So it's not much longer before we might be able to consider these actual early pregnancy symptoms. lol FX for both of us. BTW I'm looking for cycle buddies if you're interested. :)

7 years ago

I would love to be cycle buddies! Maybe it will help with my tww anxiety. I have been holding out and making myself not test or get excited. It has been a struggle. I am now on CD 19 and implantation should be taking place today if I have tracked everything perfectly. I sure hope so. Ever since I got of my BC 4 months ago, figuring out my cycle has been a real challenge. This is the first cycle that feels like I am dead on with everything. Cross your fingers for me ;). AF is due Saturday the 23rd. and a First Response early response works 6 days before a missed period but I am still holding out. I want the implantation to have the best chance to have already happened before I test. I cannot track bbt either due to my erratic sleeping. I wake constantly no matter what so when I was trying to temp nothing was looking even close to right. I don't think I ever sleep uninterrupted for more that 2 hours or so. Good luck!! Maybe this will be our month and keep me posted!

PS
I still have tons of crazy symptoms like backache and cramping ....

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

So I am now 3 days late. I am never ever late. Since starting ttc I have always started earlier than I calculated. Still having tons of pregnancy symptoms. No period symptoms at all. Yesterday had thick white cm with some pinkish brown spotting. Could that be implantation spotting? Every test I have taken is negative. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Maybe I calculated my ovulation wrong and yesterday was implantation and that's why my hpt's are negative?

User Image

You sound like me at 4 months TTC. We're at 7 months TTC now without a BFP.

My advice is to occupy your mind with just about anything else other than symptom obsession.

I know.. it's insanely hard, but I had to stop since I was on oral BC for 10 years before we started TTC. Didn't take placebos, only actives, so I didn't ever have periods. Each of my cycles has been completely different, and AF has still been showing up. So I simply report my symptoms into Ovia. I don't judge them. I don't Google them.

Just takes some of that let down away, plus stress can very easily delay periods.

Try to breathe and occupy your mind elsewhere and give it a few more days.

User Image

7 years ago

Also, 6DPO is slightly early for IB or spotting. That's if you indeed O'd the way you think you did.

User Image

7 years ago

I think I must have been confusing in what I said. As of today 7/25/2016 my period is 3 days late. I had pinkish brown tinged cm once yesterday and once today. After all I have read, I am thinking that it could be Implantation bleeding if I was off on my ovulation date calculation. If I ovulated on the 11th like I think I did then I am 14 dpo today. But I only have a 23 day cycle which means AF is 3 days late. Plus I am still having cramps (but not period type), sore boobs, heaviness in my lower abdomen, pain in my lower right and left pelvic area, and constant, low, dull backache. This is what leads me to believe I calculated my ovulation date wrong. Possibly. Hopefully.

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo