Community post

Discussion

Cervix during 2ww

Hey, so this is my 4th month ttc and I've been checking my cervix leading up to ovulation for the last three months. This is the first month I'm checking consistently after ov. Anyway, I'm 8dpo and I checked my cervix this afternoon and it was really swollen and squishy feeling. I've never had it feel like that before. It feels like a water balloon and I could barely find the opening (which was closed)
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this in themselves before

6 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi fruit loops-I'm kind of the other way to you for checking,I tend to just check post OV and not much before,usually after it is fairly soft for a few days then gradually becomes firmer and closed(altho it's never all that closed after having five big babies pass thru it ) but not usually as firm and swollen as wot u describe so cud be a good sign?is it easily reachable?
Maybe u can help me with a question-how long before u OV does ur cervix soften up??im waiting to find that happen still,and was hoping to OV by Monday,but I'm thinking some change shud be happening by now??

7 years ago

My cervix is barely reachable but not quite as high as right befor ov. My cervix only softens up the day before and day of ovulation and becomes firm again the day after. I checked again this morning and it doesn't feel quite as squishy but still noticeably swollen.
Are you checking your temps as well? I find that more reliable to confirm ovulation is actually happening because I often get two patches of fertile mucous and a couple pos opk that are spread out by a few days.

7 years ago • Post starter

Thanks that's great info I feel a little reassured!!...I'm not temping coz it wud be impossible as my 2 year old sleeps in my bed and has me up all nite
Am using opk but they stress me out so much I don't like em.
How soon to testing for you?

7 years ago

Just reread ur last post and seen that u say ur cervix is NOW high up that is a good sign Hun.it just needs to stay there!wishing u loads of luck!

7 years ago

My cervix never went down though so I'm not sure. I've never noticed it is except the first two days of My period when my cup doesn't fit properly
I tested this morning and it as negative but my period isn't due til Thursday or Friday so it's still really early. I will do my best to hold out til Tuesday to test

7 years ago • Post starter

Yeah that's still early,I no I didn't get a visible line til at least 10/11 dpo with ANY of mine.i no how blooming hard it is not to test tho,every day is like a whole weeks worth of emotions and stress.its impossible to resist!!...however...I'd just be happy to ovulate rite now.ugh.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo