Community post

Discussion

"Natural" Miscarriage....TMI Warning

I lost my little bean at around 4-5 weeks....started bleeding only hours after our BFP.

I didn't think I would be as completely devastated as I am about this. I think the main reason is the constant reminder when blood and tissue comes out. I can't believe there can be that much "stuff" in there this early on in a pregnancy. Contractions, fetal tisse, the whole nine. Makes this loss so much more devastating after 6 months TTC and diagnosed luteal phase defect.

Anyone else out there had a "natural" miscarriage? I'm on day 7 of bleeding; it's lightened up, but still there and gross. Normal periods have been about 3 days.

6 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

all my miscarriages have been 'natural' I keep an eye on how long and how badly I have been bleeding due to my VWD but let nature take it's course.

My last miscarriage was the hardest on me I was just a day shy of 7 weeks, had been having 'threatened miscarriage' for a few days then early early the sunday before thanksgiving I woke up 'in labor'/miscarrying. I am sure I cried for a week maybe two.

so sorry for your loss I know how painful it can be. give your self some time to heal emotionally and start trying again.

most of my miscarriages have been at least 7 days of largely heavy heavy flow so you should be nearly there.

*hugs*

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image I want a now!

13 years ago

Thanks so much for the reply Rebecca! I was beginning to think no one cared....:(

How many miscarriages have you had? Is it 3? (From your signature)? I AM SOOOO sorry for your losses! I can't imagine going through this multiple times!

The bleeding has stopped. It only lasted the 7 days; but my face is still broken out and my hair is greasy. Last Tuesday my HCG had already dropped to 6 and by Friday it was 0 so I don't know how I'm still having these "symptoms".

My doctor said to wait until I have a normal period and then I can take the clomid she prescribed me so that will be next cycle. Hopefully I have more success with this!

13 years ago • Post starter

Hey sweety, how ya holding up? I'm so sorry you lost your little treasure :( I had a natural miscarriage as well (dr called it spontaneous abortion, but i hate that term!) and all of your symptoms seem normal. The most important thing you can do right now is to wait it out, pray, cry a lot, give yourself as much time as you need, and let yourself heal. I know it feels like youll never get over this...but i can promise that 6months down the road all you can think about your little bean is good thoughts :) Just because you never got to meet or hold him/her doesnt make them any less real or you any less of a mother. I hope this helps and I pray a quick recovery for your mind, body, and soul. God Bless!

13 years ago

I am soooo sorry for you loss.

I totally understand what your going through. I tried ttc for years and i got my bfp yayyyy just to have it snatched away on august 2010 at 8w 4d. It is terrible and you feel like nobody could understand what your going through it sucks and seems to take forever. I am very very sorry for your loss.

I do know there is some things they can do for LP defect hun so please dont let it discourage you.

I am thinking about

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

After 2 years TTC I finally got my bfp, only to lose my baby at 7 weeks, just a few days shy of Christmas, 2009.
Nobody tells you that even at that early stage, your body has to "give birth" to your baby. I had excruciating contractions every couple of minutes, and what came out was far more than just blood. I expected the blood, but not the rest, and I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as painful as it was. Nobody prepares you at all.
I am so sorry you lost your baby. I know you love that child from the moment you see two lines on that test. At 6 weeks I went for a scan and saw that my baby was healthy, its heartbeat was strong, but the sac around it was not growing. I knew my baby was going to die, and there was nothing I could do to save her (we were both convinced it was a girl) I just had to wait.
Afterwards, I felt very empty and very useless. I had lost a perfectly healthy baby, because my body couldn't build a strong enough sac around it.
On impulse, a couple of days later, my fiance and i went out and brought home a tiny black puppy. He wasn't my baby, but he made me smile, and gave me something to love and nurture. A year later, he has grown into a 70 pound big baby, and I love him so much for all the healing he helped me do. Every month I get my period, and when it gets me down and I cry, my doggy is there with his head on my lap looking up at me, and giving me something to love.
I hope your bleeding stops soon, and i wish you all the best in your recovery from this loss. It's not easy but you will get there. You will never forget this baby - it was your first child, and always will be.
Take care of yourself xoxo
Alix.

13 years ago

Thank you for all of the replies and kind thoughts! I am doing better but it has been 49 days since I miscarried and still no period! I have taken several pregnancy tests and they were negative which isn't surprising b/c my doc told us to wait for my period before taking the clomid and trying again. We have been being more "careful" in my opinion by using ovulator strips and NOT bd'ing when it was positive (on the 9th). I'm surprised I haven't started my period yet since my luteal phase is normally only about 8-9 days and my + opk was 12 days ago! Not sure what is going on with my body but I just wish AF would come so we can "try" again! This is getting ridiculous!

Thanks again for all your support! It makes all the difference!

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo