Community post

Discussion

Useful implantation information

Hi ladies,

I was confused about implantation and couldn't find what i was looking for. Many sources say implantation occurs 6-12 days agter concenception and a test will show positive 2-4 days after that. If this is the case, how to women, including myself, get a bfp as early as 7 or 8 dpo? It didn't add up. Also, i had spotting for the first time in my life at 7dpo so I was wondering when I should test. This link gave me hope and clarity so I wanted to share it. Good luck and baby dust ladies!

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a3696155/all_about_implantation_timing_symptoms

2 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Thank you for that. While I know it's very unlikely to get a positive so early, for some reason I can't help but test at 8dpo. I don't get disappointed about a negative test until day before expected af though from this info it seems like you aren't out until af actually arrives

7 years ago

The women who got BFPs at 7-8 dpo may have ovulated early and didn't realize making them further along in days past ovulation than they thought. Also if there is sperm right there waiting to fertilize that egg when it comes down it could shorten the length between fert and implantation by 12-24 hours. We also need to remember all of our bodies are different and we make HCG when preg at different rates. Some women may make HCG faster than others, or if it is a multiples pregnancy the HCG will be higher sooner. So many factors come into it! But remember its never over until AF shows!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo