Community post

Discussion

cycle after miscarriage

Hello ladies,
I would like to know when your period returned after a miscarriage. I had one a month ago and my dr told me it could take 6 wks. I was 4wks and 6 days pregnant. Because it was so early I thought it would come on time but I am on cycle day 33. I have no symptoms except slightly heavy breast (usually a lot heavy when pmsing and when I was pregnant) and white cm. Pregnancy test was negative. Any stories or advice would be great. Thanks. Goodl luck and baby dust to all!

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I had a miscarriage in April at 8 weeks. My first cycle after was 4 days longer and the next 2 cycles were 2 days longer. Also, AF was heavier for the first 2 cycles. This last AF was what I would call normal for me. I think for some it takes your body a while to adjust. Did you get your HCG levels drawn to see if they were back to 0 yet?

12 years ago

I am sorry for your loss. I can completely relate to your frustration AND confusion! I am two days late and I took a FRER & Topcare hpt and both were BFN. I am so frustrated! First, a little bit of backrground....
I found out I was pregnant last June 27th. DH and I were so happy! I decided to get my HCG levels drawn (Not sure why) and after two levels, my ob told me that I was probably going to mc. I got a third level drawn and it was 13.1. On the 8th of July, I miscarried. It was the most painful thing I have ever gone through both physically and emotionally.

My ob told us we could try again immediately since I bled for 5 days, and had a negative hpt at that point. On the 15,16,18,20, and 21st of July, we bd'd. I even got a mid cycle ultrasound to see if everything was ok and if I had any follicles. Everything was great. Ob even saw that I had a 1.7mm follicle waiting to burst!

BTW, I have a 26 day cylce and I ov around 12-14 cycle day.

I've had some promising symptoms, but the ones that stick out are peeing A LOT! 2-3 hours at night and HUGE breasts, green veins, and montgomery glands keep popping up all over. All of these symptoms left when I miscarried rather quickly so why are they coming back if I'm not pg? I'm very sad and just want to see a BFP OR af come

12 years ago

First of all, sorry for your loss.
I had a M/C on June 19th, I was 6 weeks 2 days. My period came again on 19th July, however I was given clomid to take cycle days 3-7 and 2 hcg shots called Merional.
I have had miscarraiges prior to that, but they were in 2006 and I can't remember when my period came but i'm pretty certain it was the following month.

Good luck dear, and I hope all goes well for you XX

User Image

12 years ago

RebeccaF...The day I miscarried my hormone level was pretty low so I'm sure it was back at 0. I also had a negative pregnancy test after I miscarried.

Maybebaby2...Your situation is SO similar to mine. I found out I was pregnant July 28th. DH and I were so happy too then July 4th I miscarred. This was my first pregnancy so I was crushed but became hopeful knowing that I am healthy. I bled for 5 days as well. I am feeling the same way. I would love a bfp but if it's not going to come af needs to hurry up so we can start trying again.

lulu26....Thank you. I am sorry for your loss as well. Good luck!

12 years ago • Post starter

Sorry for all your losses!!! I also had a (natural) mc- Found out I was pregnant July 4, mc July 10 (at 6 weeks exactly). Bled for only 5 days. It's been a month and still no sign of AF. I've been taking OPKs and HPTs all negative- wondering if I even ovulated after it- I was under the impression you need to ovulate to start the cycle so AF can come- but maybe I'm mistaken. Or maybe I'm still waiting to O. Would love for AF to show so i can move on. Finally stopped having PG symptoms about a week ago, although I'm not sure they were real or just my head telling me I'm still pregnant. I wanted that baby more than anything and my mind wasn't ready to let go of that pregnancy. The power of the mind never fails to amaze me!

Good luck to you- I hope you get a BFP or AF soon, so you too can move on and start fresh! :)

12 years ago

I fully understand. Even though I only knew about the pregnancy for a week once it was over it felt weird to not have the baby anymore. I was so excited. I'm going to the dr to test and hopefully find out why af still isn't back. Good luck to you too!!

update.....AF finally came.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo