Community post

Discussion

TTC - Is this Implantation or a Period? Super confused!

Hi All!
This is my first post so I hope this is the right area. I have something really weird going on and I'd like some input please! Thank you in advance!

My last period was 8/23. A week or so after my fertile period, I began experiencing what I thought were pregnancy symptoms. My back hurt, I was extremely tired. I would sleep until 10am, then need to nap from noon-2 and 4-6. I had nausea, and very sore/fuller/heavy breasts. I track my cycle using the Ovia Fertility app and check my cervical mucus using the Softcup. I thought my period was coming on when I had egg white cervical mucus with a few blood specks. It was way too early to be my period so I assumed it was ovulatory bleeding. About a week after, still checking with the Softcup, I began having brown discharge with some red spots. I again thought my period was coming. My "symptoms" became more evident, the tiredness kicked in worse. Then came headaches. This Saturday, I checked the Softcup and there was a "slippery" mucus string that was blood tinged.The mucus went light again and brown colored. Yesterday, I got a gush of blood in the softcup resembling what I thought was my official period. It wasn't even enough blood to fill a tampon/pad, but to cover a balled up piece of toilet paper. Then a few hours later, nothing! The Softcup was completely empty like there had been no blood at all! My period wasn't officially due until 10/13 and these things all started two weeks or so before. I've never been early for a period, and have never gotten "PMS" symptoms, etc. The worst for me has been the breast tenderness. Is it possible to be implantation bleeding or is my cycle just messed up this month? I'm not on any hormonal birth control, I have regular/normal periods, am not stressed and am healthy. Following my app it states I have to wait 4 days to take a home pregnancy test. Anyone have this happen and get a BFP?

I know it's an overshare and I don't mean to be TMI, but I've taken a few photos with my phone of the mucus in the Softcup because its appearance threw me off so much. Does anyone mind telling me if they've had it like I do?

Hubby and I are TTC our first and started trying August 1st. I'm new to the whole charting thing, etc. I track my cervical mucus/symptoms in an app. Help please!

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

WARNING: Link leads to image. View at own risk.

This is what the cervical mucus looked like on Oct. 2/3 and then yesterday. Following the second picture I had a gush of blood that filled across the soft cup, but only enough to cover a toilet tissue when wiped out.

Wacky period or implantation?
http://tinypic.com/r/33dza89/8

UPDATE:

Just checked the Softcup a minute ago and its a light brown remnant on the toilet paper with some pink?

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo