Community post

Discussion

TTC #2 after Gildess FE

New here, never posted on a site like this, but it's been bugging me all week.

Quick background, I took my last Depo shot in April of 03 and we didn't get pregnant with our first child until April of 07...that's 4 years of using absolutely nothing against pregnancy. After birth I was put on Mirena (wasn't ready for child two yet), but due to constant migraines and weight gain I had it removed two years later. In the last 3 years since, we've used nothing against pregnancy and had no success. In Jan of this year I was put on Gildess FE to control my cycles because they were out of hand (had a period from beginning of December to the end). I've already talked to my doctor about getting off the pill and trying because I was concerned we'd have no success again. She assured me it could happen fairly quickly, but it could take a few months. If in Jan 2015 we've not had success she's going to have us tested and look into other options.

Now...I took my last pill on September 5. I had no odd reactions, no breakthrough bleeding, which surprised me for sure. Fast forward to Sept 12 when the husband came stateside for his month home vacation. I'm not temping or using kits because I just hadn't thought about any of that honestly. I don't want so much stress/pressure put on this. I noticed around the 15/16th that my nipples were insanely sore to touch. Not the whole boob, so I thought nothing of it. On the 20th when I went to pee first thing I noticed some light pink (very little) on the tissue, but nothing more the rest of the day or any after. I noticed the following day or so that the incision from my C-section (almost 7 years ago) was very tender to touch. I've felt really bloated as of lately, my tiredness seems to be more prominent around 1-2pm, more so than usual. Today I feel really full even though I've barely eaten anything. After lunch though I noticed I felt funky, almost nauseous, but nothing intense. The full feeling has stuck with me though. I've noticed today that my boobs feel hot through my shirt, despite the cooler temps and I'm wearing a tank top. With my first pregnancy I had zero symptoms. I had the flu and it wasn't until a few weeks later when I tried to take an allergy pill and threw up every time I took it that something was off. AF isn't due until the 28th and I don't have any signs or symptoms around that time either. The day before sometimes I'll have bad cramps or gas, but nothing more. Especially not a week in advance.

I took a pregnancy test on the 23rd in the morning, but got a negative. I'm thinking it may have been too soon. Guess I just want some outside opinions. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

How did this situation turn out?

9 years ago

Negative. Turns out AF came right on schedule. I've never had reactions like that after coming off birth control before, but I suppose I should have known.

I keep telling myself that means my body is back on track (since AF has NEVER shown up on time before) thanks to the pill, so come December when the hubby is back stateside we can try again.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo