Community post

Discussion

Morning sickness

Hi, I had my bfp 2 weeks ago, this is not my 1st child. I've only suffered morning sickness with 1 of my children. That was horrible. I couldn't eat for weeks, had sickness from the minute my eyes opened to the minute my eyes shut. With my other children I had no sickness at all. This time round I'm finding it quite strange. If I go more than a couple of hours without eating the sickness/nausea kicks in! How does that even work??

5 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hi,
Your body is using up so much energy making a new person and sometimes it helps to eat every few hours to keep the blood glucose levels up. I was like that with my ds early on, I would feel shaky and wobbly with the sickness. If it keeps up talk to your doctor and get your blood sugar checked to be on the safe side. Have a healthy snack every hr or two to keep the symptoms away but def talk to your doc xx

8 years ago

Hi, thank you for your reply. I don't feel shaky/wobbly or anything like that. I literally just start feeling sick. I literally ate just under 2 hours ago and I'm already feeling sick and heaving. It's getting worse each day

8 years ago • Post starter

I feel you on that, I'm almost 6 weeks and just feel completely awful! I haven't actually been sick but just feel drained and get extremely nauseous and juat miserable feeling the moment I start to get hungry! This is our second and the first time I had a little bit of nausea in the beginning but nothing like this. I wish I could sleep all day long so I don't have to feel like garbage.

8 years ago

As of today I have prescribed anti sickness medication. My urine was showing that my body was going into starvation mode(same with my daughter) so hopefully I should start to feel a bit better in a few days.... But oh my, at the minute i think I LOVE my bed more than I love my husband lol I spend all day looking forward to climbing back into bed and sleeping. I didn't feel this tired breastfeeding a newborn lol

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh gosh I really hope you start feeling better after the medicine!!! I can eat as long as I eat very often, like every 45 minutes to an hour I have to eat something small or I just feel completely awful. Extremely tired this evening but my daughter did wake me up earlier than usual today. I cannot wait to sleep tonight!!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo