Community post

Discussion

0DPO, 12th month TTC, round 1 of Clomid - any buddies?

Hey everyone!
My name is Anna, I'm 30 and TTC #2 after 12 months TTC. Used Clomid for the first time and am also BBTing for the first time.

I got a positive OPK yesterday and today, and I had a drop in my temps which I'm hoping was due to ovulation. Making sure to BD today and tomorrow for sure!!!

My DS is almost 5 and can't wait to be a big brother. I have a mild case of PCOS which has given me irregular cycles, but that seems to be the only reason I'm not getting pregnant.

My doc is pretty confident that the Clomid will work, so I'm just hoping and praying and crossing my fingers for a holiday blessing.

Anyone else out there with similar story that wants to buddy up?

User Image User Image User Image Anna

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi Anna! My name's Molly and my situation is slightly similar to your own. I'm 27 and have never been pregnant before, however I also have mild PCOS and my doctor seems sure that Clomid is the answer for me.

You can check my page for more specific dates, but she put me on only Metformin first because I'm fairly nervous about the possibility of having twins (they run in both my family and my husband's family! eek!). Anyway, I took Metformin for 9 weeks with no period or anything other than feeling really, really crappy. We had a belated honeymoon coming up so I stopped taking it and got my period 12 days later. Not sure if it was a cause-effect thing or just coincidence.

Right now, almost 6 weeks since my last period, I'm having PMS symptoms in full force. I'd love to be pregnant, obviously, but all HPTs have been negative and I'm just saying that my period is days away since it's easier than hoping for the seemingly impossible. Ha. If I got my period this week the silver lining is that my cycle would be 40-ish days instead of 80-ish days like it was before.

Anyway, I'm contemplating calling my doctor tomorrow to make an appointment ASAP to start Clomid with this cycle. We've been trying for almost 8 months and while that isn't a particularly long time, clearly there's something wrong with my cycles and rather than struggling through months and months of frustration I'd like to take something that could really help me. Also, I am determined to have a baby in 2012 and would LOVE to be preggo by Christmas and have the baby in the fall, so time's a tickin'.

Sorry for the novel! Even if I don't start Clomid soon, I'm really interested to follow your experience as a first-time Clomid user since I'm sure I'll be in that boat eventually--if not in a few days!

Good luck and I look forward to following your story!

12 years ago

Hi, im 26, me and my husband have been ttc for over 2yrs. ive hv been pregnant before in 2007 with a previous partner and miscarried at 10wks. my husband has had sperm tests and all normal. i ovulate regularly and have regular cycles bt still no baby. i hve read that scar tissue from miscarriages and terminations can stop implantation.

Anyway im ovulating today according to my clearblue fertility monitor so for this month.

keep me updated on all your symptoms from now on and we can help each other along the way

12 years ago

Hi ladies!
Thanks for joining me!
Well I'm not positive anymore where I am in my cycle....I thought I O'd yesterday, but my temp didn't do a radical jump up like I read it was supposed to, so I'm confused. I had 2 pos opk's, one on Sat. and one on Sun., so I'm assuming O is just around the corner. I'm having sharp stabbing pains on the left side of my abdomen....more severe than normal (could that be from the Clomid?).

Anyways, hopefully the holidays will help us to keep our minds off of all the symptoms!

I am so praying that we all get the best Christmas presents this year!!! Wouldn't that be so cool?!

12 years ago • Post starter

While this seems like a funny thing to say: the "sharp, stabbing pain" on your left side seems like a great sign! I've heard Clomid can make cramping--both in ovulation and menstruation--more intense. Also, ovulation does only happen on one side or the other, so it sounds like that's what's happening! As for temping, I don't do it myself (I wake up way too much during the night and sleep inconsistently) but I know the "dramatic" rise in temp is really only a few tenths of a degree. Also, the more days go by and the more info you have on your chart, the better you'll be able to see the bigger picture and notice slight changes in temp.

In any event, I say when in doubt, just do it! haha i.e. just have sex when you feel like you should. It's certainly not going to hurt anything. Over the course of TTC I've learned that knowing my cycle is super important, but it's also super important to not let it rule my relationship with my husband. I make sure we get together near/on O Day, but otherwise it happens when we want it to happen.

Hope this is the week for you! And have fun with it! ;)

12 years ago

Good afternoon ladies! Well Im even more confused today as ever whether or not I've O'd yet. I just took another OPK test and got my 4th positive! Todays was by far the darkest of all the other tests. Is this because of the Clomid? I'm not cramping today like I had been. I guess I better make sure to BD tonight for sure!!!

How is everyone else?

12 years ago • Post starter

hey ladies,

yes clomid can give more positive opk so i would say you have ovulated already? i use clearblue fertility monitor that shows 2 peak days and i ovulated yesterday so im currently 1dpo. felt very nauseous today althoug i know ts o early for symptoms.

12 years ago

Hey Damebacker my story is kinda similar to yours.

I'm 27 my birthday is next month my DH is 32 and we have been married for 2.5 yrs. and we have been trying for over a year give and take a few months here and there for a break and than under direct doctor's orders we had to stop trying for a few months b/c I had a polyp removed. My situation is extremely difficult b/c my husband has ED so sometimes it hard to hit the fertile days b/c of his situation and he just dropped a bombshell on me the other day and said the doctor told him he's infertile, still not sure if this was a joke, said out of anger or just said to make drop the whole baby thing for awhile. Either way of course this conversation went further and I kinda believe him simply b/c we have been together for 5.5 years and we haven't been preventing and we have been trying for the last year and I still have gotten preggo so anyways I informed him we need to use a SD and he agreed and now I'm preparing for my 1st IUI w/clomid for the 1st time, I'm so excited. This is CD3 for me. Baby dust to us all!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo