Community post

Discussion

Two weeks wait and symptoms!!

View Full Post

Hi,
I just did my iui on July 25th 2014(day 12 of my cycle)....and now in Tww....just want to find some way to pass this time soon....any cycle buddies?? I'm trying to read into each n every symptom....had a miscarriage in feb and now keeping my fingers crossed for a BFP...for now jus have mild cramps similar to ovulation pain...I know it's too early but can't help it...I just want a .... to all those who r TTC.....

206 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

171 - 180 of 206 Replies | Last Page

brandy257: I do hope things get better for you real soon. I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel defeated. I am also trying to stay positive and keep hoping that my positiveness turns into good things to come for us all.

AFM: Well, I got "hopefully" my last blood test for this pregnancy done this morning. When they call with the results that is when I will be making a follow up appt with the doc to see how I am doing.

Except for feeling a bit off this past week, feels like when you are just coming off of a cold or flu, kinda like that light headed feeling or daze...but for the most part I am feeling OK. I feel like I am doing better than I did the last time. Not really sure why. The only thing I am dreading is now that I have had 2 mc's and the holidays are now officially over, DH and I are telling our parents that we have had 2 mc's now. It has been so hard not telling them and I think I will feel better if I just come out and tell them. I tell my mom everything and not sharing this with her has been extremely hard. I just can't do it anymore. So, the last thing I wanted to do was tell them at a restaurant but they are dying to try out this new place so hopefully having both sets of parents there it will just be easier. My mom can get emotional when she knows something sad has happened and that is why I would have preferred telling them at home but hopefully she will take it better than I think she will. Maybe I will wait til the end of dinner before I tell them...that way I don't ruin their experience at this new restaurant and they can enjoy their food...? Hmmm.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Hi ladies,
It would have been really nice if all this was not destined for us. Hope all the negativity clears soon this new year for the three of us like passing clouds. I'm also so sick and tired of waiting and waiting every month. We've moved to Switzerland and I hope the new place will make things better for us. At the moment, I'm busy searching for a house to rent as we are staying in our temporary accommodation. So not really focussing on this. I don't think I can start IUIs or think of anything else until I find a good English speaking doctor here. So meanwhile trying naturally is the only option but I think my body seriously needs a break from all these procedures and injections.

9 years ago • Post starter

Oh WOW Sinrap, Switzerland! Was it job relocation or was it something you and DH just wanted to do? And if it was Job was it yours or DH?

Sometimes our bodies just needs a break and hopefully once you are settled you will be able to find an English speaking doctor. But in the meantime you can have your natural BD sessions and who knows maybe it will just happen. Isn't that what most people say...they take a break and then guess what they are pregnant! I pray that happens for you.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

That's really sweet of you lolo1176 but me being one of those lucky ones is unimaginable . My hubby's head office is here and we are planning to be here at least for a year. So let's see what's in store for us. I think telling your parents will really help because when I miscarried, initially I didn't want to tell anyone but then changed my mind and that made me feel really better. I also heard so many m/c stories from different people as if it was very common.

Lolo1176 - I don't know how you held it in, as soon as I saw my mom I know I would have to tell her!! But I think telling them will be helpful, then you'll have extra support! That's what families are for :)

Sinrap - what an opportunity!! I cannot fathom living an entire year in another country. That is awesome for you two! Maybe the change will have a positive effect! ;)

I am feeling much better this week, had a very fun birthday weekend lol. And AF showed, which initially upset me but then I was relieved to be done with the pms!! We'll just keep trying naturally for now. Technically on a break but of course I'm obsessive (and so is DH ha ha) so of course it's still all I think about!

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

9 years ago

True brandy257!! I can very well relate to your "technically on a break" situation . We can never get this out of our mind. I don't know how some people can do it. At least being in a new place and environment is making me feel a bit optimistic but the fact that next month we'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary so soon and I'm still trying and trying is making me sad .

Well, I told my parents the news last night. My mom took it exactly how I thought she would...teary eyed but tried to hold it together, probably because we were out at a restaurant. My dad took it better than I thought he would and he was saying how great it was and that we are on the right track and how optimistic this is and blah blah blah. To be honest I wasn't sure how to take it. He said that his Aunt on his mom's side, had 12 mc's and ended up adopting 2 kids before finally getting pregnant and having a healthy boy. Well, I know he was trying to make me feel better and that it will happen but I'm sorry that sorta freaked me out. Makes me think that there really is a genetic problem and that I will probably end up having more mc's too...before we get lucky. My mom while we were in the bathroom before leaving the restaurant said she had one as well. I told her sorry to hear that and then she said that it was fine because it was before she met my father. I am glad they know now...I just now fear that I have some sort of genetic problem keeping me from getting pregnant.

I know I keep going back and forth with this but I have decided that we are going to wait the 2 periods and do an IUI. The first IUI I know something started to form and maybe this time, with the help of the meds, it will form and we will get lucky. If we do get lucky and it doesn't stick then that will be our 3rd mc and we will be able to get special genetic testing done to see why we can't get pregnant. Maybe then we will find out if it is genetics on my side or not. If we do get lucky then my due date will be Dec.

I am also feeling concerned that somethings not quite right...I am using OPK's and I haven't see even a close +OPK yet. I know cycles can get weird after a MC...I just hope I see something normal here soon. I just went to the bathroom and had a glob of cloudy ewcm come out of me...I wish I could say that it was normal but the last time I had a lot of it come out like that was when I had the HCG shot...and still confused because of how negative my OPK looked this morning. Guess we will see what happens. I know it's no big deal since we aren't trying but I like to see if things return to normal...ya know?

Sinrap: Sadly miscarriages are very common...according to my RN she says 1 in 5 pregnancies make it. Scary thought. I do feel better telling my parents about the mc's. I hear ya on the being married for 5 years and still be trying. I met my DH 6 years ago tomorrow and will have been married for 4 years on Memorial Day weekend. Been TTC for almost 2 years now and still can't believe we are struggling this bad to get and stay pregnant. It truly is heartbreaking. Been taking up projects to keep me busy for the next 2 months until we try again. Started up knitting, going to work on a "possible" surprise bday party for my DH. And looking for a side job to bring in some cash to help with bills and mortgage or at least some spending cash for myself. I'm still working for my dad but not getting paid for it because money is so tight. Hoping to find something like an "at home" job in data entry but hard to find something that's legit.

brandy257: I don't know how I kept it to myself this long either.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad you had a fun one. Sorry AF showed though. I would be the same way...that is if we were on a break but still able to try. I would still be obsessing.

9 years ago

So sorry for the late response, I have been working like a mad woman to get my commission up to an acceptable level! With all this stress I don't think we even have a speck of a chance right now.

Lolo1176 glad you told your parents! I'm sorry your mom got teary eyed... I know how hard that is to see, my mom is devastated at the thought that we might not be able to conceive, which is looking more like the case.

As for the ewcm and the opk's, I usually start with ewcm about 2 full days (sometimes more, and trust me I know exactly when I ovulate because it hurts so much I want to throw up!) before ovulation, did you keep testing?

9 years ago

brandy257: No worries with the late response...I haven't been in the forums much lately. Been busy at work too...even though I am not getting paid for it at the moment. Really sucks! I keep praying something turns around for us soon and we start seeing some money coming in.

Thankfully that's not stopping us from getting certain things done. Because I have excellent credit we are able to finance some new windows being put in. The house was built in the 1950's and as far as I know we still have the original windows in our home. Well, an opportunity came around where we were able to get some new windows put in for a discounted price and we jumped on it. And DH says we are still doing the IUI...I just pray that the insurance pays for most of it.

I am keeping myself busy by planning for my DH's surprise bday party. He's turning 40. My inlaws made it sound like this is something I should be doing so...I figured why not? I am saving money by having it at my parents home and turning it into a potluck. So all I have to do is the invites (which have been sent), some decor, and bringing the cake & drinks.

Hopefully with keeping my mind busy on that, that will make my month go by fast. Just got AF on Sunday and OMG! It was so heavy and painful! I guess it should be expected being the first AF after the mc. But the last time I don't recall it being this bad...oof. Hopefully after I get AF this next time we will be able to do the IUI.

9 years ago

Lolo1176: Yeah I haven't been on the forums much either. I haven't been obsessing as much, just trying to come to terms with the fact that it just might not be meant to be.

Good luck with the party, that sounds like fun! Is it going to be a surprise for him or is he in the loop? I am very sorry to hear about the work situation though, I hope things turn around for you soon. What type of business is it? (If you don't mind my asking)

And I hear you on the painful periods! Unfortunately that is one of my curses permanently. I feel like I only get one good week that I don't have pain, but I guess it just comes with the territory when you have adenomyosis. :(

I have been diverting my energy into work also, and into planning a few much, much needed vacations lol. Now I get to anticipate going to the beach for a few months, that's usually a great way to occupy my mind :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo