Community post

Discussion

Starting Vitex/Chasteberry as of today! LP issues

View Full Post

Hi ladies! I took my first round of Vitex today and was wondering if anyone else is starting to take it while TTC. If you have taken it please share your experiences as well. I'm taking it to lengthen my LP (sometimes 10 days) and hopefully stop the luteal phase spotting almost each month before AF. I have irregular cycles 22-30 days. My doctor is not helpful and believe it or not I have not even been diagnosed with a LP defect but I figured vitex can't hurt. She doesn't even have an explanation for why I'm spotting. She was quick to prescribe clomid. I've read stories how clomid made the spotting worse and since I don't even have a diagnosis I'd like to try this rout first and see how it goes. Looking for a new OBGYN while doing so :)))) Can't wait to hear your stories.

12 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

11 - 12 of 12 Replies

Hi, everyone - sorry I kind of disappeared for a while.

I have noticed a difference in my cycles since I started drinking the chaste berry tea. They used to be very irregular, but in the last two months they have been about 27 days. Before they used to be 28 days one month, 37 one month, 32 another, they were all over the place!

I really think the tea has been helping - I ordered it through Vita-cost if anyone is interested - it's from Celebration Herbals - Chaste Tree Berries and contains 24 tea bags. Not sure if you can buy it in bulk or not. Look it up if interested - it REALLY helps to regulate your cycles!

Good luck to all!

8 years ago

Chekai nice to hear from you again and thanks for sharing your experience. Glad it made things better for you. This was my first cycle so I'm sure I am not getting the full benefits yet but I did notice major differences.

I have irregular cycles but I belive it made me O about 3 days later (CD17). I was really afraid that my lp would be as short as 6-7 days because my cycles are on average 24-26 days. Well... This month af came on cycle day 32!!! Incredible!!! I had a full, exactly 14 day lp. I have to say I spotted 10 and 11 dpo but it wasn't like before - this time it was like old blood, really dark brown. Then it stopped for 2 days and when af finally showed it was super strong with really bad cramps. It felt like it was really "cleaning" me out. I will for sure continue to take it. On cd3 today so we'll see how this one goes

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo