Community post

Discussion

Pull-Out Method? Pregnant?

I'm 13 months post partum and breast feeding. I still haven't got my cycle back. My husband and I aren't TTC. We had sex July 4, 6, 7, 9, and 11 using only the pull out method. I got a positive OPK on July 8th and 9th. What are the chances that I could have got pregnant?

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

High. You had sex right in the middle of you fertile window. Pre ejaculatory fluid has semen. I'd recommend condoms, the mini pill or an iud. The pull out method isn't a method of birth control.

User Image

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply! :) Yes, I completely understand that. I know the pull out method isn't an effective form of birth control. We've discussed actively TTC when my daughter is 2 or 3 years old. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I got pregnant before that time. I was just curious if anyone knew if there was a good chance of pregnancy. I'm secretly hoping I get pregnant by "accident". :)

9 years ago • Post starter

If your hubby is able to, er, control himself, withdrawal is actually about as effective as using a condom. There's still a chance, but not a large one (just like with condoms). And contrary to popular belief, pre-ejaculatory fluid usually does not contain motile sperm (unless you go at it twice in a row and he does not urinate between). This method gets a bad rap because guys sometimes claim they can do it properly but actually can't, especially young men. We're using it as bc while we wait to start trying, and I'm just like you - I would be absolutely ok with an "oops!" and kinda hoping for it. Unfortunately hubby has no problem controlling himself, so the odds of an oops are very small! Still a chance though... ;-) Fingers crossed for both of us!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo