Community post

Discussion

TTC after early loss

So I got my first ever BFPs less than a week ago, and 2 days ago lost my pregnancy in a VERY unexpected and disappointing miscarriage. I had a bit of a warning as my hcg had dropped, so I had a few days to prepare. It was my first pregnancy, and I only got to enioy it for a day. Well today I saw my doctor and because I was so early in my pregnancy he said we could start trying right away. I was just wanting to see if any of yall have experienced this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy/baby soon after? I feel like the next time I get a bfp it will scare me rather than excite me. Just need some reassurance!

10 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going through an extremely similar situation and I've been wanting to talk to people who have conceived and carried to term afterwards! I found out I was pregnant June 16 and began to miscarry June 20 and bled for one week (HCG was at 0 by June 23). I was 4w4d pregnant. I took a preg test June 19 bc the few symptoms I had (sore breasts, frequent urination) completely went away and the line had gotten very faint so I knew something was up. Our doctor told us to wait a cycle but right after he said that he said "But there's no real evidence as to a reason why, just theory." So after he said that we decided if it was up to God the first time it will be up to God the next time. I'm not sure when/if I ovulated or when to expect AF next?? I hear you're more fertile after a miscarriage so I'm hoping we conceive this cycle, but I'm also nervous to go through this again.

9 years ago

Wow that is so crazy we had the same experience. Im so sorry for your loss as well. It is such a crappy thing to go through. I feel the same as far as nervous about it happening again, so ive come up with a plan to help ease my fears next time I get a bfp. I will have my blood tested that day so I can see if my hcg is where it needs to be. Mine began dropping pretty much as soon as I found out I was pregnant, and so if it is to be another early loss, the levels will be low. I completely agree it is 100% up to God, and I believe these experiences are ways of testing our faith. Praise Him even MORE now. He helped you conceive a baby. Idk about uou, but I was astounded that I was pregnant! He has all power in this and you just need to keep letting Him be in control. I will be praying for you! As far as your next cycle, it should be regular and you should ovulate as normal. My dr said my cycle would not be affected at all and so im expecting either a period or a bfp in my normal time! Good luck to you, and just keep having faith!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Thank you! I've talked to people on here who have been through what we're going through but you're the first who's going through it at the same time. I wish my doctor never told us to wait because I KNOW it doesn't matter either way... I just feel like if I conceive right away and have another loss I'll blame myself for not listening to him, but what is meant to be will be. It really is a crappy thing to go through. My plan for next time is to wait until my period is a solid one week late to test but I know I won't have the patience to wait that out. Not to mention I had very obvious symptoms starting the day after my BFP so I would have known even without a test.
I really am devastated to have lost that baby, haven't cried so much in a long long time. I keep focused on the positives, though. We know we can get pregnant and that is AWESOME! I've done so much research and I know that early miscarriages are waayyy more common than anyone actually knows. Our bodies are working exactly as they're supposed to by recognizing an abnormality or unhealthy pregnancy so early so that gives me hope that our bodies will work so well they'll carry our next to term!

9 years ago

It is so comforting to me to know that im not alone. I know there are worse things to go through, but just having all that joy I felt from learning I was finally pregnant just stripped from me was the hardest thing to go through. It hurt me bad to lose our baby. My husband was sad and I felt like I let him down. Of course thats not the case, but its a powerless feeling that im sure you know. I cried a lot too. But to be quite honest I have felt very excited to try again. Because before this, I did not know if I could get pregnant, and it only took us 4 months. (2 months of REALLY trying). The crazy thing is, I did not think I was pregnant. I had no symptoms. But my positive test was instant and undeniable. I think my lack of symptoms was a clue that the pregnancy was failing. Next time I will be on the lookout for symptoms. I have a suggestion as to when you should test. Take one the day your period is due. If negative, be 5 days late and take another. And I highly recommend blood test the the next time you get a bfp.

I have found SO much comfort on this sight. My husband is the sweetest guy, he feels my pain but I know he doesnt FULLY understand what this is like the way a woman can, so talking on here is such a big help. I'm with you on being excited to try to conceive again. Everyday I bled I cried, and once it was over I felt so much hope knowing I could ovulated any day. I wish I could tell the doctors that if there's no REAL medical reason to wait stop telling women they have to wait (unless of course a health condition or diff circumstance). Tell them to listen to their bodies because just knowing that I have a chance at being pregnant right now makes me feel so much better than knowing there's no way that I am. Do you know what I mean? I'm rambling haha.
A lack of symptoms sometimes doesn't mean anything, though, and I know each pregnancy can be different. So don't get worried if you don't have symptoms next time! You could still be healthy and pregnant! My best friend had the worst nausea with her first starting at 5 weeks until 13 weeks, with her 2nd she felt nothing until closer to the end of the first trimester and she's being induced Friday! I also know symptoms can come and go (THAT will make me nervous if that happens to me). I may regret saying this later but I hope I have symptoms continuously until I can feel the baby kick. After this experience I know I'll be nervous and having constant reassurance I'm still pregnant will be the best thing haha even if it's morning sickness!
P.S. Us too on the 2 months of really trying :) We got pregnant fast! SO I know we'll get pregnant quickly again next time. We have to keep in touch through this! Our stories really mirror each other.

9 years ago

I know exactly what you mean. Before this happened, I was starting to wonder if I even could get pregnant. Now that ive seen my own bfps and had physical proof that I was, TTC makes me so excited rather than pessimistic and angry. I was getting to the point of total negativity about it. It's very frustrating when it happens for EVERYONE but you. Going on Facebook was becoming nauseating. I think that God did this for 2 reasons. One, to strengthen my faith and two, to show me that I can indeed become pregnant, very easily. It is a sad thing, but a blessing in disguise. I have all faith that we both will be mommies in the new year. My husband has been SO supportive and helpful and im so glad yours is helping you through this as well. I have all faith that one day soon this unfortunate event will be a distant memory as we are feeling our babies kick through our big rounded bellies :)

PS: try again right away!!!! :)))

i had a miscarriage july 3rd 2012 and was pregnant by aug 23rd 2012. I now have a beautiful 15 month old ;) so yes it is very possible. im sorry for your loss and best of luck this cycle !!!

9 years ago

Awww how sweet! Thank you!! I have high hopes :)

I got my first bfp back in February this year and miscarried a week later. I had just hit 5 weeks when I started bleeding. I was absolutely freaked out, but my doctor told me that it was fairly normal to have a miscarriage and that we only needed to wait til I had a normal cycle and then we could try again. Mid-march we were able to try, and my dh and I were super ready to make it happen.. Lol and we got pregnant again right away. Unfortunately, I lost that baby at 5 weeks and 1day. My doctor ran some blood work on me after that and found out I have mthfr- (my body can't break down folic acid very well).

After that misccariage in April, my doctor told me to wait two cycles so we could get those tests run and figure out a game plan. I'm on a higher dose of folic acid which should hopefully help. My dh and I are now on our first month trying and I'm 11 dpo and scared.. Lol trying not to overthink it, but it's tough.

I totally understand how you feel, and I pray that God will give us our sticky beans when it's right. If it does happen to you again, I'd fight to get some tests run! There are so many things Doctors can do to help our chances of carrying full term once they have an idea what's not quite working.

Best of luck on your future cycles!!

9 years ago

I am so sorry for your losses. Losing that pregnancy for me was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. Lots and lots of tears. For days. Just when I would start to feel better I'd go right back to crying. I think I have gotten past it though, and I'm starting to not feel so scared about the next one. I have a feeling all will be fine the next go around. I have to trust that God will take care of it all, and I do. So, I am HOPING nothing is wrong and that our next pregnancy is close, and completely healthy. And I will be praying for the same thing for you! Hopefully you already found the problem and its smooth sailing from here on out :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo