Community post

Discussion

IUI timing was wrong.OPKS&Fertility Clinics.

I Am SO Frustrated and upset. I just had my 1st IUI done with DS on 11-14-15. I have insurance yet it does NOT cover any treatments. I am paying out of pocket. I am also paying for Donor Sperm from CCB. I had purchased FR Digital OPK....I have longer Cycles since my Daughters birth this past April. (She Lived for 10Days, Passed from SIDS) My cycles are about 42-50 days. I resorted to using CVS OPK test strips on cd 20 bc the FR digital Opk has to be started on CD 5 and I was far past that already. The cvs test looked dark but I never used them before and was unsure. I brought the test strip to the clinic and the nurse assistant that works with my DR was "SURE" it was positive and scheduled my IUI 30Hrs from then. I had the sperm washed and the Procedure done, I felt unsure just going on the assistant nurse word and bought the CB digital (which was not in stock when I purchased the strips from cvs) so here I am now CD 27 and I just got a smile face on the digital. My clinic will Not let me come in for another IUI. I feel very heartbroken and Upset. I was trusting that my nurse would advise me right. She was so wrong. Tommorow is the right day for the iui. I am just going through so much bc I have dealt with my daughter being born and then passing. I cant explain how broken that has left me. I miss her desperately and I am ready to try for another now. I will keep trying. it is costing me so much. I feel like I jumped the gun and was anxious this cycle. I am so out bc DS lives 24 hrs and it was one week too soon. I am also upset with the RE bc I had told her I was not sure if it was a positive and she made me feel like I was crazy and that test was positive, she assured me I was wrong and the test was being timed right. I will never ask her advice again. I will never. I lost so much respect for her. Next month will be my month....I hope.

me (33)
DD - angel baby-(sids(
TTC
IUI1-BFN - DOne 1 week too soon.
IUI2-Jan

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

First im sorry for your loss. Quite tragic that is.

Second, you need a new RE. I understand the financial constraints but simply using those opk's that you werent familiar with wasn't the best idea. It would have been much more beneficial to have paid for a couple of u/s to monitor your follicular development and used a trigger injection for timing the insemination. Of course this is all my opinion, and I wish you the best regardless of how you choose to move forward. You deserve it.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo