Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

311 - 320 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Hi Hgreeen... I am in a place called Merida which is about 3 hours from the Mayan Riviera....
A friend of my husband said the hotel you stayed at was built on top of a fertility cenote..... and that it has a high rate of people conceiving while staying in it. So maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.... he just told him that a few days ago. I am goiing to be in the Mayan Rivierea the first week of March before I go back to Canada.... so I will try to find out where that cenote you are talking about is and give it a shot.

AFM I have a bad cold.... so that is keeping my mind off other symptoms. I am expecting AF not to show around the 12... are you going to start testing or just wait to see if AF doesn´t show?

9 years ago

Haha! That's awesome, thanks for sharing :) fingers crossed I will be one of the lucky ones. Certainly did lots of BDing this cycle!!

Sorry to hear you are sick with a cold! Has it warmed up at all this week in Mexico? We were surprised how cool it was the week we were there. We've travelled to other areas of the Carribean the same week and it's been hot!!!

AFM, I don't know exactly when I ovulated so I marked the very last day it could have been and I think I'll just wait to see if my period shows. I've been taking these natural supplements this whole cycle which are supposed to balance hormones. So far I haven't had any spotting so I am trying to stay off the progesterone supps if possible. I keep checking and at the first spotting sighting I'll start them. But the problem is ur period won't start while you're taking them so you have to test. I'm trying to be as laid back as possible this cycle!!!

9 years ago

Hi Hgreen.... too bad weather was bad... it is still bad right now.... winters a very unpredictable... sometimes you have good years some others there are a lot of cold fronts...... it is somehow connected to Canada... if it is a mild winter there then it is a hot winter here... but if you have a bad one the we have weeks on and of of good and bad weather....
Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your week..... it is always nice to do something different and out of the routine.....
My cold is getting better today... yesterday was definetly bad.... I guess that´s the problem when you live with so many people.... once you are done someone gives it back to you again..
Hope you don´t need the progesterone this cycle... maybe the supplements will do the trick... I have my fingers crossed for you!! :)

9 years ago

Well as it turns out I wasnt one of the lucky ones. Hcg test at the clinic yesterday morning was negative. I took the news okay until a few hours later when one of my best friends called me to tell me she is pregnant, 7 weeks. They just got married Dec 27th and got pregnant the first time trying. I am thrilled for her, they will make amazing parents. But i cant deny how hard it is on me. She was the last of my childless friends. she has been a great source of support for me. Of my 4 close girl friends one is pregnant with her FOURTH child, one got pregnant on the pill and two got pregnant on their first try. Last night i shed a lot of tears. I hope our time is coming soon. I just dont know how much more of this I can take. Ivf still feels so far away.

9 years ago

Hi hgreen.... if it makes you feel better I wasn´t lucky this month either.... and just like you I got news of someone close being pregnant, mind you it is my 16 year old neihbor´s daughter.... at least your friend was looking to get pregnant. So not really looking forward to go back to Canada and all I am going to hear is about the teenager´s pregnancy..... last year it was his 19 year old son´s baby.... so here we go again. Hopefully our time will come soon... I have one more month of trying natural.... and then maybe try a couple more IUIs and if nothing I think I wil just go straight to IVF....

9 years ago

Hello there Hgreen and Ma_espe !!! its been a while since i last checked my forum or even this site for that matter. I hope none of you have to go through any more pain of trying IVF and get a positive test this coming cycle.
I feel you both in what you are going through and what you are feeling. Just last week I got news someone in the family getting pregnant with second child just after a year of their first kid... and it was planned in first try. and shes much younger than me and sooo skinnyyyy. My husband's grandmother said the news and looked at me saying she hopes to see our kids soon. I sat with a poker face because i cant take it anymore and pretend to be fine with any of it and the old lady got the hint that i dont want to hear any of this talk anymore.

AFM: I decided to go forth with IVF in March especially since we r not selling the house anymore (things didnt work out) and im thinking of going private this time even if its going to cost alot... but my health and physical strength deserve it.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey Amy its so nice to hear from you. Sorry things didnt work out with the house sale. Im curious, what's the difference between private and public IVF where you are, besides the cost? My Dr has told me it will be between $12-13,000 for me to IVF. This is based on drugs being about $3000 for me. Apparently some women take up to $7-8000 in meds.

We have our IVF learning session tonight at the clinic. Im thinking by tonight I will have a whole new outlook on this process. My hubby and I discussed it and we want to move forward with IVF for egg retrieval to take place around april 10th. We could do it one cycle sooner but we both agreed to wait one extra cycle and try for a jan 2016 baby. As anxious as I am to get going on this, I figure whats one more cycle after waiting this long. Im trying my hardest to stay positive and believe this will work for us.

9 years ago

Well Hgreen where I live it could cost me around 3000-5090$ just getting direct contact with my dr for my step by step treatment process and i can be confident that he will also do my egg retrieval and implantation in my IVF. Ofcourse this doesnt include the meds expense. But atleast my chances of the cycle success will be higher. As opposed to insurance covered public hospitals u just dont know wat dr is following up on u and i cant get direct contact woth him/her and the nurses are of limited help to you if u need something in addition to having some other dr u dont know show up for ur egg retrieval. Its just overwhelming for me to bounce from one dr to another. And i cant handle anymore meds and hospital visits its wearing me out physically and mentally After a year and some months of treatments. Omg its like im in somekind of zoo thinking about it now.
Its good to have a learning session to go to. I hope u can get enlightened and be confident of what u want to do and when.
Hoepfully tomorrow we can wake up with a clear perspective of things . Keep me posted !!

9 years ago • Post starter

Oh my goodness that does sound like a zoo! Yes it must be very hard on you to have no one following along with your progress all this time. I guess I have been taking it for granted that Ive had one Dr overseeing me for the last yr. im glad to see you have the option of paying to receive a higher level of care. Ill let you know how ot goes tonight, Im feeling anxious already!

9 years ago

HI Amy so excited for you.... hope going private relaxes you and helps you get pregnant!!! I will be thinking of you!!!
How did the meeting go yesterday hgreen? Hope you got a lot of answers!
I was reading yesterday about something called a mini IVF... I am kind of curious if they do them in Canada... it is similar to IVF but much cheaper because I guess you use clomid and you produce less eggs. Have you ever heard of this one before?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo