Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

151 - 160 of 456 Replies | Last Page

The doctor assigned to you will be whoever you saw or your initial meeting appointment before you did your first monitored cycle. My doctor, Dr. Edward Hughes is male and he is older with silver hair and a slight English accent. All the doctors take turns being the Dr. on shift for the cycle monitoring, so you will just see whoever is there that day for the most part. But if you don't get pregnant right away and need a follow up consult or to change your course of action, you will book with your initial Dr.

9 years ago

I see, that explains why so many dr. The one that I have seen the most is dr Hughes too. He was the one that did that special ultrasound where they put the saline solution and he did my IUI as well. But it was a woman the one we discussed the treatment with. So maybe if this cycle doesn't work or if we decide to change treatment we will deal with only one specific dr so that he/she is familiar with our case.

9 years ago

You got it!

Did the nurse/Dr tell you how many follicles you had and their size pre IUI? Also, did they tell you the thickness or your lining?

9 years ago

It was kind of weird. I went for my US on CD10 and blood work. So the dr told me I had a small cyst about 3cm and no visible follicles yet. But he explained sometimes clomid can delay them. Last cycle by CD10 I had one follicle of 18 mm already. So I was a bit dissapointed, specially cause I was hoping not only for one but at least 2 of them. So I went back home about an hour away. And 2 hours later they called me back saying they got the blood results back, that my estrogen was really high, and what they thought it was a cyst it was a follicle, and asked me to go back to get the trigger shot. So I guess I only have that big follicle. So I am kind of puzzled and confused bc I read you normally do IUI with smaller size ones. But I am trying not to stress too much.

9 years ago

Yeah, from my understanding normally they only move forward with follies between 18-24mm, BUT they obviously know best and saw what they liked or they wouldn't have had you come back. Positive thoughts! It's a shame you live so far away from the clinic, but it is a great clinic and it'll be worth all the travel it in the end, that's for sure!

I never took clomid because of my lining being borderline (7mm), but when I was on Femara the hope was to produce 2-3 good follicles for IUI, but instead it just sped up the maturity of the one follicle. Two cycles ago I ended up ovulating on CD7 but unfortunately didn't start monitoring until CD8 so we missed the boat completely. Actually that cycle they thought it was a cyst they saw on CD8, but really it was an empty follicle. Now they are starting my monitoring on CD3 which is great, but does mean a couple more trips per cycle.

9 years ago

Sorry I forgot to mention my linning, they said it looked good. Maybe clomid is doing the same to me as Femera did to you, speeding the follicles to mature. And I think they barely caught it on time. That's the other thing I was unsure, I am always scared when it comes to money bc I don't know if they will be honest about stuff, or just make you pay even when they know that your chances aren't good. But thanks for clarifying that for me.
So you have monitoring app tomorrow?

9 years ago

Hello ladies

Amy....thank you for the response. How are you doing?

Hgreen......i am feeling much better now...?how are you .

So what cycle days are you all how are you all keeping? I took clomid this month and hoping for the best.

A big welcome to the new ladies and baby dust to you all.

Question please- any idea how long a washed sperm will survive in the uterus after insemination and can doing iui be 24hrs after trigger reduce chances of pregnacy.

User Image

9 years ago

Hi babymama1: I am on my 1st clomid + IUI cycle currently on 4DPIUI. I got my trigger shot on Tuesday at 2 pm, and got my IUI on Wednesday at 10 AM. And I think I ovulated Thursday between 8am-10am cause I was feeling pain on my right side. So I hope it works. There is different info on how long washed sperm will survive, but I am assuming it should last at least 24 hours. Good luck to you too!!! :)

9 years ago

My clinic said ovulation always occurs 24-36 hrs after the trigger shot which is why they like to do it about 20-22 hrs after your trigger so sperm is waiting for the egg. Also I believe the sperm can still survive another 2-3 days after IUI.

Welcome back baby mama, Im so glad you're feeling better and getting to do the clomid this cycle. What day are you on and when does you're monitoring start?

Im on CD6 today and had my second monitoring appointment of this cycle to see how Im responding to the FSH. They said right now I have one 10mm on the left and a whole bunch just under 10mm so I might get multiple to mature, we shall see. Back on Tues AM (CD8) to check in again.

9 years ago

Hgreen87: that sounds pretty good, sounds like a promising cycle...

Have anyone tried pineapple core? I have been reading about it, but not too sure if it is a gd idea...

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo