Community post

Discussion

After implant

Hello,

I am very new here. I have just registered couple of minutes ago. I am a mum of a five years old boy and we would like to have a second child somewhere the coming year..

Last year December I got an implant in my arm (Implanon)which was removed over a week ago. Right now I am waiting to my period to start again since while I had the implant I had no periods at all.

Does anyone have any experience how long doe it take to get a period again and having ovulation regularly?

For days I feel small craps just small menstruation feeling but nothing is happing.

With my son I did not use any tool since I got pregnant very fast. This time I am prepared a bit more and I bough some ovulation test as well just to see how day works.

Thank you very much
Khatif

PS. English is not my mother tong so please look over the mistakes in my posts :)

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Did you have periods whilst you were on implanon? I had mine in for 2.5 years and I still had periods throughout, but not quite as regular as they are now. I had my implant taken out on 7th March, then had spotting from 17th, and CD1 on 21st. I used OPKs on that cycle, and I O on CD17, so fairly normal. That cycle lasted 33 days. Since then, I've had cycles lasting between 31 and 33 days, and always ovulated CD14 - CD16.

My experience shows that there was no problem at all with my periods. My cycles have gone straight back in sync, and I'm also ovulating as I would expect. I would give it another week or so and hope that AF shows up. If you're having cramping pains then that's boding well. Mainly, I think it comes down to if you had normal cycles when you were on the implanon or not.

Good luck in your baby journey xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo