Community post

Discussion

Frightened of getting a BFP again

Hi lady's , I'm 38 and have been ttc#4 since sepr 2013 , ds15 ,ds13 ,dd4 all pregnancys good didn't really have to try for more than a couple of months , but this time I had a chemical in nov which I didn't really know that's what it was at first so didn't really affect me , then finally got my BFP end of jan we were over the moon told kids ANd family ,but in the back my mind I thought something wasn't quite right , ANC I was right. , 12 week scan no heart beat ,only measured 8w5d Lossed the baby the next day " Mother's Day " went to hospital for check up , had to go back a month later to find out all was not gone so had a d&c end of April , to date still no period been charting and using ops so think I'm 13 dpo , getting weird symptoms and am putting off testing as I don't wanna have another loss , I really don't think I could handle it , I know some of u have had multiple losses and my heart goes out to u , it's devastating , I've got 3 lovely kids and am really gratefull that we were able to have them , I would still really like at least 1 more

Ttc #4 @37 . Hoping this month my little bean sticks To you all Hoping for a .

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi mellou

First of all I would like to say really sorry about your losses x
I'm in the similar position as you i'm 39 and have 4 beautiful children ds 13 dd 11 dd 6 dd 3 and we are trying for our 5th, I have had 3 miscarriages and a chemical the first on was between my two youngest and then I have had another 2 miscarriages one last July and then fell pregnant in January but that ended up being a missed miscarriage, and the chemical last month it is very difficult sometimes but im waiting for a letter now for referral but I think I could be pregnant again im 8 dpo and did a test this morning and i think it had a super faint positive not to sure yet going to test again tomorrow. so I think im a bit like you never had a problem with all of my first pregnancies im just struggling now I don't know if its an age thing or something like that, just want to wish you and sending you lots of if you decide to test when will you x

9 years ago

Hi emz1974 , I'm so sorry for the losses u have had it's heart breaking , I hope this one sticks if u r pregnant , but I also think it might be a age thing hopefully we still have some good eggs left and can have healthy baby's , I'm so nervous but I'm gonna test in a hour or so they only had digital which I'm not very confident about but that will have to do I'll keep u updated ,, have u done another test or u gonna just wait a few days , wishing u the best of luck and baby dust

Ttc #4 @37 . Hoping this month my little bean sticks To you all Hoping for a .

9 years ago • Post starter

I am so sorry for your loss and I understand where you are coming from!
We tried for many years , finally got pregnant and miscarried on 17 aay.
We did try again like dr said during fertile week but now I am scared to get pregnant again and worry about this happening again.
It is such an odd feeling after wanting it so bad.

9 years ago

hi ladies

well I've had another chemical started bleeding today tests only got really really faint lines on them so can't wait now to get my appointment now and hopefully they can do something to help because I don't have a problem getting pregnant its just keeping it that's the problem.

well good luck and sending lots of your way

I'll keep you updated

xxx

9 years ago

I think it helps to have others who can relate. I've been trying to read about ways to improve implementation success. What a range of emotions! You're not alone.

User Image

9 years ago

MandyMe - Try taking a daily B6 supplement (over 50 mg). There have been studies done that shows it helps with implantation and staying pregnant. I swear the only times I have gotten pregnant and stayed pregnant were when I was taking a B6 supplement! I would also then keep taking it afterwards for a couple of weeks, just because I was afraid something would happen if I stopped.

9 years ago

I'll put that on my shopping list today. Any particular brand?

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo