Community post

Discussion

Anovulatory Cycle??

Hello everyone,

I am seeking an opinion on my first ever BBT chart this month. It may sound despo but I tried posting this as a question initially, but havent had any confirming responses yet. Looking at my low temperatures I have definitely lost hope on this being my conceiving month but using it more as an opportunity to understand my temps.

1. Does the chart predicting an anovulatory cycle for me?
2. Are the overall temps a little low and do they mean anything?
3. Not finding my coverline post ovulation, is that a concern?
This hadnt been a very relaxing month for me especially during the ovulation period, given we were travelling and sleeping late @ nights, could the temps be given some benefit of doubt? :P

It would be really helpful if i could get some encouragement from this forum...

Regards,
Me

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi there. I am no BBT expert, as I have only been doing it for 2 cycles. I will try to offer whatever advice I can.
* your temp should spike, indicating ovulation.
* ovulation can only be confirmed once you have 3 or more elevated temps (after that spike).
* this temp spike creates a biphasic chart- 2 levels/clear temp shifts... if it spikes again later, it's called a triphasic chart- 3 levels/clear temp shifts (some ppl think triphasic is a good sign of pregnancy.
* the computer has determined my coverline based on my temps, so i'm not sure how to create that.
* my temps are usually lower around AF, then slowly go down, sometimes a drastic dip just before my spike (ovulation).
* temps after that spike (after ovulation = luteal phase) should stay elevated until either you get a + HPT, or it dips and AF is on her way, or has already arrived.
* BBT has to be taken at the same time, every day, before you even leave your bed.
* BBT can be easily influenced by things such as inconsistent or interrupted sleep, alcohol the night before, having a cold, even sleeping with your mouth open.
* if you have a couple temps that are "out of whack," that should be ok and not totally screw up your chart.

p.s. i haven't seen your chart. is it posted somewhere?

p.s.s. i can try to attach one of my BBT charts to show you the clear thermal shift, indicating ovulation, if you'd like.

Good luck! :-)

href=

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo