Community post

Discussion

ttc 3+ years cycle buddies

My dh and I have been ttc for 3.years 11 mos and I'm looking for some cycle buddies who have been our who are on this journey with me. No offense to those just beginning to ttc, but it's different after a few years are behind you.

17 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 17 Replies | Last Page

Sprinkles, my DH and I have been ttc since 2011. We've had two chemicals, and just had an early miscarriage at 7 weeks the end of Feb 2014. Talk about totally discouraging. I know I can get pregnant naturally, I simply can't seem to maintain it.
I had 3 rounds of clomid in 2012 and nothing. We are not open to IVF or IUI. I do have 2 children from my first marriage, DD 18 and DS 14.
I really want to have my DH child though.

I'm currently having the oddest AF, CD 4.
I've tried just about everything, herbs, supplements, Soy Iso, pre-seed, softcups......
My last + came after a year of giving up all hope! Now I'm back on the rollercoaster.
Blessings to you on your journey.
Pix

10 years ago

Nice to hear I'm not the only one out there. Has your ob checked your clotting factors. I'm taking lovenox injections daily to help keep a baby from being clotted and aborted.

Many clotting factor issues present as early or late term losses.

We started trying to conceive in May of 2010, we've not ever seen a comfirmable positive. 1st SHG confirmed double fallopian tube blockage and scar tissue. D&C cleared it up and we still didn't conceive. Discovered DH had pituitary tumor and he is now on HCG injections in an effort to reestablish sperm production. And 2 SHG cleared out another blocked fallopian tube.

I'd love to keep up with you through your journey. I can't wait to celebrate someone else's success.

10 years ago • Post starter

Nice to hear I'm not the only one out there. Has your ob checked your clotting factors. I'm taking lovenox injections daily to help keep a baby from being clotted and aborted.

Many clotting factor issues present as early or late term losses.

We started trying to conceive in May of 2010, we've not ever seen a comfirmable positive. 1st SHG confirmed double fallopian tube blockage and scar tissue. D&C cleared it up and we still didn't conceive. Discovered DH had pituitary tumor and he is now on HCG injections in an effort to reestablish sperm production. And 2 SHG cleared out another blocked fallopian tube.

I'd love to keep up with you through your journey. I can't wait to celebrate someone else's success.

Hey, Ladies just wondering if I can join you? I just signed up for this site today, but have been stalking this site for the past 3 1/2 years. Well, here is my story: I am 27 yrs old and I have a 7 yr old son from a previous relationship. He was conceived 3mts after I had a miscarriage in 2006. I have been with my husband since 2008, but we decided to start trying for our 1st in Sept 2010 when I had my mirena removed. After about 1-2 yrs with dealing with irregular periods that would come about every 3-4 mths, I went to doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS and for past year and a half I have been taking Metformin 2000mg per day, but not like I was suppose to because it caused GI Issues. Well in 2013, my husband age 34 was told he had low sperm count on 1 analysis and was told he needed to submit another sample. Well, because there was really no point in doing another one until my cycles became more regular, we never did another sample. So in 2013, my cycles were ranging 29-35 days, but my periods was only lasting 1-2 days and I wasnt getting positives on opk, i went to doctor again. So in Aug 2013, doctor did an ultrasound and day 21 progesterone and told me that I wasnt ovulating and that the reason for my my light periods was I wasnt shedding my uterine lining completely during periods and that my ovaries was consistent with PCOS. She then preceeding to tell me that I would most likely need fertility drugs to get preg, and that she wasnt comfortable with giving me clomid unless I lost about 30lbs. So she suggested i start on bcp to help shed my uterine lining. and follow up with her in 4wks. Hubby did another semen analysis and this time it was normal. Well, when I went back in for follow up, It was the week of taking the nonactive bcp and I was due to start second pack of bcp in 2days, but I had not had a period yet. Well surprisingly I ended up being pregnant, but remember wat was told to me just 4 wks prior to this. I ended up having emergency surgery, because it was an ectopic preg and it measured 6weeks 5 days. My whole right tube was removed. I was devastated because I saw the heartbeat of 131, but knew my tube had to be removed, because it was starting to reputure. So after surgery, doctor told me that while during surgery, they visualized my left tube and based off their experience he was 98% sure that my remaining left tube was damaged/blocked and that my only option was IVF. So we still decided to just pray, knowing IVF is not an option due to cost, but months following surgery, I was getting multiple pos opk so on 12/30/13, I decided to get HSG done to check remaining tube. Well, my left tube is normal and open despite what the dr told me in Sept. So here it is April, but still no BFP. So I found a fertility doc who gave me a rx for clomid 100mg to take days 3-5 for my next cycle.
So here I am today.....The past 3 months have been the only cycles in 3 1/2 yrs that I have had sore breast prior to period. It has seemed every since ectopic in Sept that every month I have had preg symptoms. My period started today which was cycle day 36. So far it has been very light, but it was a day later than usual. So I am due to start clomid 100mg on Tuesday. I am excited but also scared. I hope everything works out, because I know my chances are even slimmer now that I only have 1 tube. The good news is I still have 2 ovaries and at least we know hubby sperm is adequate enough to get me preg. It has been a battle and lots of sad moments everytime I get a neg hpt or af shows her face, but I believe we will get our time.
So ladies for the long post, but I hope we can be cycle buddies and encourage each other on this ttc journey.

10 years ago

Thank you for responding anothermouthtofeed. I'm on round 2 of Clomid 50mg. I took 4 cycles two years ago and now that we are working to improve dh sperm quality I'm back on it again. My ob wants to bump it to 100mg as soon as he gets a sperm count anywhere near normal ranges, although the side effects from 50mg make me think that is a bad idea.

Clomid effects everyone differently, but I pray for you that the side effects are nil, because it makes me less than pleasant, to say the least. But I know my bfp will be worth it.

This journey has been a long one. Every comment, every so when are you having kids, every other friend's baby shower, it has all been hard. I put it all behind me for the first 2 years, then the 3rd year I'd all but given up, and this last year I've tried to find determination for one more fight. DH can't stay on the hcg forever, $200 a month is a lot and the effects are only temporary. So our journey changes in December whether we've conceived or not.

We have decided ivf is not for us. We are Christians and although some Christians are for it, we feel it is simply playing God and for what we would have to spend, we could adopt, plus not be broke. We may be trying iui have either of you done that yet?

Anothermouthtofeed, wow that is a lengthy battle you have been fighting! Congrats for still having the courage and excitement to continue. I hope clomid works out for you and that the side effects are minimal. Sprinkles, I'm sorry the side effects are bad for you. For me they were minimal. It just didn't seem to work.
Suppose I should tell you all that I am 45 years old and DH is 48. It does make a huge difference in conception. So if you gals are younger (anothermouth I know you said you were 27) I'm sure you'll have a much easier time than I have had.
AFM, still a weird AF this month. My current OB is not understanding of me at all, and hasn't been very helpful for a woman of my age to have a baby. I am considering making an appt with a new OB who may give me more hope for a woman of AMA (Advanced Maternal Age). I went to a RE but all he wanted to do was start IUI and IVF which I am not interested in.
If God wants me to have another child, it will happen in his way....
Let's keep each other poosted and up to date. I'm sure this will be our year!

10 years ago

Hey, ladies, hope all is well. @sprinkles8986- I took my first dose of clomid 100mg last nite, so far I feel alright regarding any side effects. As I said before, I have been taking metformin, but not like I am suppose to do to GI problems, but I decided since this is my 1st cycle on the clomid I will try to be more commited to taking the metformin and Ive added fish oil. So right now, the stomach issues that Im haivng is related to the met. So today I ve felt like I was in a pretty good mood. When do you notice the side effects? Is it after completing the 5 day dose or while on it? I agree this has been a long ttc journey. I felt like the first 2 yrs though I was trying as effectively as I am trying to now. It has been more motivation especially since loosing my tube d/t ectopic last Sept. No, I havent tried iui. I may if it comes to dat, but we wont do IVF either. If you dont mind me asking: How old is ur husband? Has he tried fertility blend supplements before?
@ Pixandpoetry, I had issue with the ob/gyn I was going to prior also. To me it seem they werent as specialized in fertility treatment as they made out to be. Im good friends with a nurse in the clinic and she agreed that when a women went to them for infertility issues, they used whatever reason to not put alot of effort in making things happened. Whether it was d/t age, weight, current health issues, etc.
But i wanted to end with a success story to offer some encouragement to yall ladies: I have a friend who is currently 40 and I think her husband is 45. They have no children at all and have been ttc for 5yrs. Everything medically checked out on both of them medically, so they were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. She tried clomid and femera and she didnt get pregnant, so they tried IVF in 2012, it worked the 1st time and she got preg with twins, sadly she went into premature labor at 18wks and lost both of them. After going back thru 2 more unsuccessful ivf cycles, she said doctors told them they might as well just give up. Well, she became stressed and depressed and was having a hard time dealing with their loss. She quit her job of 17 years and was dealing with a family member being sick. She said her periods started spacing out the past yr and becoming irregular, so she thought she was going through the change of life. One day in Jan of this year, she said she felt something moving in her stomach and had never felt anything like it before, noticed she hadnt had a period so took a hpt, well BFP, she went to the doctor the next day and found out she was 6months preg with a girl. She is due in 2 weeks and has had no complications.

I know it may seem like it wont ever happen and nobody but God decided if and when it will. Sometimes it works for people when they forget about doing all the things we do ttc and just relax. Its ok to take a break when things get too hard to deal with.

10 years ago

Hello ladies, I would like to join your group. My story..We have been trying to conceive 7yrs now. DH has a daughter from a previous marriage and I have no children. 2yrs in to TTC with no pregnancies I discovered i had stage 3-4 endometriosis and had the lap surgery done. 4yrs later and countless supplements and birth control and an IVF recommendation I am full circle back to trying it on my own by taking back my health. This is my first cycle on my own and hoping to god it works because the emotional aspects of this journey is getting old. I do feel I am out this month...but we will see

User Image

10 years ago

Any news ladies?
I'm 3dpo and in the waiting game. Hate this part, but what can you do? I hope everyone is having a wonderful month. We finally got rid of all the snow here in Michigan, and there are leaves and flowers coming on. The earth is bountiful, so will we be!!

10 years ago

welcome REDFIREMOM, u have been at the ttc journey for awhile, I pray that God Blesses You.

Pixie- Hows things looking for you? U shld be 9dpo now. I am currently 7dpo, so Im right behind you. As you know this cycle here was my first clomid cycle at 100mg. I didnt experience any noticable symptoms while taking them cd 3-7 other than since I have only had vivid dreams. I took them at night. On cd 10, i went in for my follicle ultrasound and on left had 3 follicles- 12.09mm 11.45mm and 9.84mm On Right I had 2 follicles 20.03 and 17.09. I was glad I responded to the clomid, but it was my luck that the dominate follicle is on my right side where i have no tube. The doc said there was still a chance though. He also told me on cd10 that shld ovulate within the next 24-48 hrs based on the follicle size on the rt but I didnt feel ovulation pains (painful) until cd 14. I was cramping on both sides the whole day though and on cd 13 had pos opt. SO now as of 7dpo I am having some slight soreness in breast that started about 2-3 days ago and I have continued to have vivid dreams. So let me know what happens for you this cycle?

also, you talking about snow? Girl, we had 100 degree weather this past week in NC?

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo