Community post

Discussion

14 dpo and bfn, cervix still very high

Hi all

I know your cervix isn't a good indicator of anything after ovulation but I checked mine today and i can barely reach it. I don't know whether it is open or not cause I can't tell the difference! Lol My period is due today and still no spotting or anything, which is unusual for me. I took two test and both were bfn. I was feeling very hopeful but I am having lots of lower cramps and heartburn today! Is it to late to receive a bfp? Ugh after two years of trying I was hoping this was our month!

User Image

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

That's a tough question. In my experience, if you are pregnant, a positive will be a positive, regardless of how early or late it is. I was pregnant once before and had no symptoms except weightloss and a "feeling." I tested like a week after I thought I conceived and got a faint line. I disregarded because I thought it wasn't accurate. At 4 weeks, I didn't get my period so I tested again and got another faint line. Because I had no symptoms, I again disregarded it. After I didn't get my period for a second month, I went to Planned Parenthood and got confirmed BFP. I was pregnant the whole time.

This month, I had EVERY "symptom" in the book and tested every 2 days. Every test was a BFN and I am not pregnant. The body is funny thing and common "symptoms" are nothing more than normal body functions. That's why it's so difficult to decipher the 2 (PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms) as they are almost identical. I would wait until you are confirmed missed period. I completely understand that women on here will try to convince you otherwise, but it's all just being hopeful. I had that same hope and I am not pregnant, even though I had "symptoms." After doing a LOT of research, I found that a majority of the women that were worrying and so hopeful, turned out not to be pregnant so I can only assume we are all manifesting symptoms because we are so hopeful. This is not a bad thing but it is causing more stress. The best thing is to stop looking for any little thing and if you miss a period test, if it's negative, you're not pregnant because TRUST ME, if WILL show if you are. It will detect even the slightest HCG. These tests are so sensitive.

Good luck!

10 years ago

Thank you so much for the insight! I feel very upbeat now and am ready to face another month if af does arrive!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo