Community post

Discussion

Thyroid - TSH testing

I never really looked into this but after a few conversations this weekend I'm wondering if maybe this could be what's causing us not to conceive.

My QUESTION is...
Does anyone know if TSH levels are a normal work up when going through infertility testing?

I know I've been tested for everything else under the sun just wondering if this is a normal part of the work up?

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Yes I think that is part of the normal work up. If you want to know forsure I would call the nurse an ask her.

10 years ago

Yes. After BCP I had no cycle for three months so labs were ordered. That's how we discovered I was hyperthyroid.

TTC #1 since October 2012. Me: Diagnosed with Graves' (Feb. 2013) and Celiac (July 2013) disease. Doctor suspicious of stage I endometriosis (Jan. 2014) DH: SA very good in Jan. 2014 Me:30 DH:29 April 14th first BFP!!! EDD is Dec. 26th! please send !!! User Image User Image

10 years ago

Thanks, Ladies for the responses.
I went in this morning for some lab work and the nurse I spoke to went ahead and ordered the test she said it wasn't anything out of the ordinary to get tested, but she wasn't about to look through my 3 inch thick folder to see if I had already had it. LOL. Here's hoping that it's normal... if it's not then that would give me an explanation for why things haven't been working for the last two years.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago • Post starter

slagamble- make sure your TSH is close to 1 and no more than 2.5.
I was borderline at 2.7 (because they consider anything under 3 to be normal). But if you want to conceive the number needs to be less than 2.5 and best if close to 1. Mine was 2.7-2.8 and my gyno said I was borderline and never put me on Synthroid. I went to RE a year later and it was 2.8 - she put me on Synthroid. I wish I had googled it earlier and insisted on my gyno giving me medication but I had no idea and I didn't question her. So I wasted 2 years!!
Good Luck!!

User Image

10 years ago

miracle80 - I just got a call back about an hour ago and they told me it's 2.3. Which is in the normal range. I thought maybe that might be the reason but I guess I was wrong. Glad I went ahead and asked though. The nurse said I can get it tested every 6 months. Thanks for the information!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo