Community post

Discussion

Has anyone recieved a BFP within weeks of quitting BC?

My DH and I are TTC #1 and I just quit taking birth control (finished out my last pack then didn't continue after starting AF). It's now been a little over 3 weeks since I start my last AF cycle and have been off of BC. We had sex a few times within my predicted ovulation period and I've had many symptoms since, but not sure if i'm just imagining it?? I'm currently 10dpo and here are my symptoms:

-nausea
-lower backache
-had cloudy pee on 7-8dpo
-indigestion after eating
-noticed some visible veins on my right breast this AM
-very vivid dreams the past week or so
-a little more forgetful than usual (haha)
-twinges in lower abdomen
-gas & bloating
-going number 2 more often
-fatigued
-moody
-"just feel pregnant"

I have taken two HPT's...one at 9 dpo and one this morning with 2nd morning pee and both were BFN. :(

Any advice?? Not sure if i'm imagining all of this and it's a side effect of quitting BC or AF coming soon? Also taking prenatals but it doesn't seem to be related. Has anyone had a BFP with a similar situation? We want our first baby so bad, and i'm about to be 30 in a few months! Thanks :)

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

My closest friend conceived during the first cycle off of BCP. She's now 8 months pregnant :-) I know my doctor would tell me all the time that I could start trying and possibly get pregnant right away. That didn't happen for me personally, but I know a few people who've had that happen.

As for your symptoms, I had them in our first month of official trying (3 months after stopping BC), but I wasn't pregnant. This is my 3rd month of trying, my best advice is to distract yourself and stop testing until your period is actually due. Good luck!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo