Community post

Discussion

Under 30 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.....

Anyone out there under 30 diagnosed with DOR??? I'm 29 and after trying ttc for over a year with only having one pregnancy ending is a mc at 8 weeks , my DR finally gave me the referral to an RE. My CD3 results were FSH 8.6 and E2 at 30. During the ultrasound work, she said I had about 6-8 follicles . But I guess because of the high fsh at my age she diagnosed me with DOR. She said I'm very capable of getting pregnant but the percentage is very low and my best option is with IVF. I ve read a lot online that women diagnosed with DOR are poor responders to IVF. Anxious to meet other women with my same diagnoses that went on to get pregnant on their own. If you have a similar situation I would love to hear from you...trying to stay positive but it is very hard to do.....

6 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I was diagnosed at 33 with low AMH (or DOR). My AMH was less than 1 pmol and I still went on to have a naturally concieved baby at the age of 38.

Did she give you a AMH score?

I responded poorly to the IVF meds but was producing 3 good follicles with clomid prior to my natural conception with no drugs.

They always say IVF is the best chance. IUI is another option and way cheaper but it has a lower chance than IVF.

10 years ago

No, she did not give me my AMH score. In January I asked if I could have my FSH levels checked again to see if they have changed, but she says they normally only re do testing every 6 months. I've been taking Ovaboost and I wanted to see if it had helped at all. She didn't even offer to put me on Clomid, not sure if that is because she thinks it's a waste of time or she is hoping I go the IVF route. My hospital doesn't even perform IVF so I don't know why she is pressing that procedure. I was thinking of going to another doctor and just paying out of pocket to get a non Kaiser opinion. They might have different tiers as to what they consider who is a candidate for what procedure. Some sites say any FSH level under 10 is normal but then some other sites say the opposite. Ive been actively ttc since Dec 2012 and only got pregnant once , which I mc at 8 weeks. So based off that, I definitely have some problems with my egg quality :/

10 years ago • Post starter

6-8 good follicles would be perfect for an IVF session, if you are willing to do one (so I think that is why she is suggesting it)

It is the number of follicles that matter for the IVF. My AMH is so low they only got one good egg for IVF.

I'm taking unbiquinol (the good version of CoQ10), Royal Jelly and a prenatal with follic acid in it. Hopefully to strengthen my eggs. Dhea is another option but you have to be careful with the dose. (just incase you don't like Ovaboost, I hated it, it gave me horrible symptoms)

Accupuncture I've been told can lower FSH numbers.

10 years ago

I'm going to schedule another appointment pretty soon now that I have educated myself about my condition so I go in prepared. I'll ask for testing to be done on my AMH count and talk to her about Chlomid. That might shed more light. IVF just isn't a option for me right now. I'll consider it as a last resort. Thank you for sharing your story, I really appreciate it.

I have the same problem. My AMH level is .56 and the last ultrasound I had only 7 follicles. I was told to go IVF route but didn't like that answer. I am on my first medicated cycle with Clomid. 7dpo progesterone test came in at 31 ( above 10 means ovulation) so hoping this route is the answer! You do not find many younger ladies with DOR or Low AMH. Good luck to you in your journey!

10 years ago

*update* I forgot to provide an update!! I'm pregnant!!! First hCG levels were 179 then 393 . Progesterone was at 29.8!!! I got a second reading four days later and my hCG was at 1852!!! I firmly believe Fertilaid helped me achieve this pregnancy. I started taking them in late January and conceived in April. The months after taking them, just like other women experienced.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo