Community post

Discussion

After many attempts, Does anybody feel like giving up?

I do not want to discourage anybody, but if i don't vent a little i'm either gonna cry or just get angry and i dont want to do either..... some may think i am too impatient..and they might be right...we've only been ttcing for 6 months and it has been really hard, adding all the stress from daily life, bills, insecurity, payments due, college classes, remember to eat, full time or part time jobs, relationships, getting up in the morning, keeping a house clean, being on time, laundry, feeding cats, journaling, missing family, activities, exercising, trying to keep sanity is hard enough..... let alone adding ttc to the mix.......the stress doesn't help you get pregnant of course, but when you realize you're not getting pregnant it stresses you out even more! so it's a vicious cycle.........

I am just venting a little....... i know there are ladies probably thinking, 6 months? i've been trying for years!!!!! and i know they have every right to be a wee bit more upset that i am sometimes........anyways............... just venting!!! and letting it out a little....

~Butterscotch~ User Image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

10 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Hi, I'm on cycle 7 and feel the same as you. Waiting for AF on Tues/wed - but already know AF will come. I went to the doctors and just asked for advice, and he told me to buy clearblue smiley opk and then BD two-to three times a day on the smiley days. My poor husband nearly fell over when I told him! Inbox me to keep in contact- I know exactly how you're felling, and everyone tells me to 'forget it' too- but how can you? Keep in touch! xxx

User Image

12 years ago

Hi there,
It does not matter how long you have been trying to concieve it still feels the same each time your AF turns up. We are all with you there!
I have a son which took me 2 years to concieve and I have been trying for 19 months fot another. Now after 7 miscarriages I feel a bit deflated too. You pick yourself up though and when you finally concieve you forget all the horrible stuff. Best of luck and hope you get preggers soon. In the meantime I find this thread a good remedy for the blues have a look. XX

STICKY; You might be trying to concieve if............

12 years ago

Hey ladies! thank you for your words, it's nice to know that many of us are on the same boat.

@Pomegranate, was your son conceived naturally after two years? did you visit doctors during that time?

@lullabelle... lol your poor hubby! the doctor recommended bd 3 times a day? during ovulation? i always hear that it's better to do it 3 times a week and then some people do it every day for the fertile week, etc, i've tried both, going every day for that week, three times a week even sometimes 2 times in one day!!! still nothing.....

~Butterscotch~ User Image Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12 years ago • Post starter

Like pomegranate said, it doesn't matter how long you been trying it you will still feel that disappointment every time. I know that's how it is with me and especially when you see everyone around you having babies. You can get discouraged. But Good Luck and hopefully it'll happen soon!

User Image

12 years ago

hi i knw it does get frustrating when ur ttc especially with every day stressed i have been ttc jst over a year now and get annoyed every month it doesnt happen bt at the same time jst try not stress to much think when i was around the 6month of ttc i got to a point where i said to myself im not trying and see if that works it has helped a bit with the stress side of things

12 years ago

I know exactly how you feel. My DH and I have been trying since Oct 2009 with one miscarriage in Dec 2009. It feels like all my friends and former classmates in Facebook are always announcing they are pregnant. I got checked and so did my husband we are both fine, they are no issues. I have been tracking my ovulation with the blue digital (smiley) tests since Sept. I wasn't sure if I was always ovulating. I would experience pain around when I thought I would ovulate, but I am ovulating each month. I thought maybe this was the month, but it feels more like AF which is suppose to come on 12/24. It just sucks. My job can be quite stressful and I try to not let it get to me. I just really want to have children that's the only thing I really want out of life... :(

Me + DH= 7/25/09, DD 9/28/12 TTC#2!! My Ovulation Chart

12 years ago

it is really defeating. in fact i think if im not pregnant this cycle i might stop trying for a while. i can't take the stress.

User Image

12 years ago

I am in the same boat. This is our 7th month of ttc and I am feeling pretty defeated. AF should show up around the 18th and if it comes I will probably just take a break for a few months and focus on charting my BBT. Maybe I will get a better understanding of my cycles and have more luck when my husband and I decide to try again.

User Image

12 years ago

Butterscotch! You sound like me! College classes, work,
trying to keep the house clean. I am in the same boat as you. And it doesn't matter how long you have been TTC it hurts just as much as any women when AF comes. It is painful and seems unfair when it happens over and over again. I have an 11 year old daughter but conceived her as a wild teenager and had her at the age of 17. Now I am 29 years old, mature, and ready to have another baby and it's not working. Just like all of you girls I feel like crying sometimes because I have to constantly deal with EVERYONE around me getting pregnant constantly. It's like, as soon as I clear up my tears and pick myself up off of the ground, every woman, dog, and female entity gets pregnant. Pregnant women on the tv, pregnant women at work, pregnant women at the store, pregnant women living in the apartment next to you, pregnant women on the radio......ahhhhh!! I am so devastated....

User Image

12 years ago

It doesnt matter if you have been trying for years or just started months ago Ive been trying for 2yrs and nothing i have an 8 1/2yr old and 3 1/2yr old didnt think it would be this hard just to have a baby but after me and dh got together it took 4yrs to have her in 03 and when she was little we decided to have another baby and it took 5yrs to have ds in 08 now ds going on 4 this year and we have pretty much been trying for 2 yrs like you said with juggling all the bills house and motherhood it is stressful and sometime you have to vent not to mention that everyone else is getting pregnant around you my cousin got pregnant a while back by someone she didnt even want with being unloyal to her marraige her husband and she ended up with twins two boys (sadly ended ) and my sil got pregnant to and jusyt had my nephew 2 weeks ago and all she did was say i wasnt even trying to get pregnant and complained about a whole lot and when i would talk to her about my situation she would kinda shy me off but wasnt that way when she wasnt pregnant so i totally understand its been 2 yrs for me and finally got some help my doc prescribed me clomid and this is my second round of 50mg 5-9 and i really thought for sure last month was it being on the clomid and this month im just like its whatever to me im not even in the mood to bd thats how stressful it can be for me me and dh always new we wanted kids and more than 2 but doesnt always go our way well good luck and baby dust to all you ladies

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo