Community post

Discussion

Losing Hair After Birth Control? Help!

Hey!

So, I went off BCPs 6 months ago....about 3 months ago, I started losing hair like crazy! Had my thyroid check and it was "normal". Anyone else losing hair?! I'm afraid I might go bald! As is it wasn's stressful enough TTC for 6 months with no luck.....:(

2 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I went off BC for the reason that I was losing my hair. My mom, who works in women's health, told me that any BC can do that, it's because of the hormones. I'm 6 months off BC, no luck TTC, not even a glimmer of a bfp and my hair is still thinning. I've been assured that it will even out eventually, but so far no luck. Also I started having really bad skin problems, I feel like I'm 16 (I'm almost 30), I have never had pimples, ever, even when I was in my teens and not on BC, and now I have dry scalp/flakiness too, all from hormonal imbalances. It's frusrtating isn't it? I literally could sit down and cry somedays, I've never been a vain person, but I feel so ugly lately!! I look terrible. If I had known what long term birth control use was going to do to my system, I never would have went on it, and I never will again!! You won't go bald, and hopefully it will chill out soon. I stopped using regular hair products and switched to organic, phosphate, phtalte, sulfate free shampoos and conditioners, it has helped some. Unforutnatly I think it's just a waiting game. Good luck to you!

BabyFruit Ticker

13 years ago

Thanks for the reply. My skin has been going crazy too - my hair feels like straw - and all of a sudden I have horrible dandruff. I will never take birth control pills again!!!

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo