Community post

Discussion

chart all over the show!

not great at this chart thing but chart all over the show, no cover line as only been charting recently so just getting hang of it! spotting 5-7dpo and 9 dpo along with today, sick and ovary pains yesterday, enuf to make me gasp once in morning... any ideas??? think im out!!!

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

okay so the temp i took was first thing this morning, it has now shot back up to a rise, i know i should temp at same time every day so next month i will start and do morning temps, this month has been at 12pm and 4pm temps , i just recorded first thing this am, as it was so drastic... still spotting tho, but not a lot! still think im out and it will probably turn into af, really early af, still feeling shakey and ill. Slept in for uni today... must have heard the alarm as i woke up on top of my phone!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

still dont know why it shot down to 96.3 this morning tho!

You're making a great decision to get into charting your temps and it does take a while to get a hang of it. It's very important that you use your waking temperature. What is meant my BBT (basal body temperature) is your body's resting temperature. So charting at 12pm or 4pm or once you up and moving around is useless info. Try your best to chart at the exact same time every morning. Even 10-15 mins can change your temperature. Of course this happens from time to time and I use an online bbt adjuster when I have to wake up early or over sleep. It's not perfect so it's not ideal to use but it's better than nothing.

10 years ago

I will add some info of what you are looking for in your charts. From period to ovulation your temps will be below your coverline then from ovulation until AF they will be above your coverline. Your coverline won't appear until after ovulation, but after a few cycles of temping you will get to know your average coverline.

Ovulation is confirmed by a minimum .3-.5 temperature rise that is sustained for 3 days. Some people have a dip in temp on ovulation day and other's don't. Some people experience a dip in temperature 7-9 DPO which is referred to as an "implantation dip". Seeing a dip does not confirm implantation and a lack of dip does not exclude implantation.

A day or two before AF start your temperatures will begin to drop off. The day AF starts your temp will drop to/close to/below your coverline. On the other hand if your temps continue to rise past 12DPO this is a good indicator of pregnancy.

I hope this info helps!

10 years ago

this is excellent info hgreen thanks for this! i wondered why in general my temps were always quite high after ovulation compared to others, its obviously cos of my afternoon temps! I will bear this in mind for my next cycle and hopefully begin to record temps from first day of next af! many thanks for advice and input!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo