Community post

Discussion

I am in denial

3 weeks late and much money spent on a vast amount of pregnancy tests with bfn's, faint lines, evaps, not to mention after being 1 week late getting a negative blood test , I am truly frustrated that I just now took a FRER and it is clearly negative. I am 42 years old with some irregular cycles but mostly regular. TTC and I'm tired of looking for "The line" I have been in denial and I give up. I'm just going to wait for AF to show up. Where is my period? Just get here already!!! I wish I was the exception but so far no BFP!

8 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

How frustrating for you. It's one thing to have a bfn before your expected period, but to keep coming up with a bfn three weeks after you're due would be enough to drive anyone crazy. Have you tried using internet pregnancy strips? They average about $1.00/strip, so it's much cheaper than always using the name brand, more expensive tests. Just remember you're not out yet! Maybe that bfp is right around the corner.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

I buy alot of the dollar tree tests or walmart 88 cent tests and throw in some FRERs here and there, digitals. I test so much being this late. I don't have a doctor so if AF doesn't show up in another week or two (that will put me at 4 then 5 weeks late) I'll start calling around for an appointment. I know at 42 my chances are really low but possible. With my other 3 kids I didn't have any early symptoms other than a missed period and I don't even think I noticed I missed them until I was about a week late. All three tests were dollar tree tests and they all had strong positives show up with a minute. I'm just going to wait it out, I have no choice!! But try not to test so much. That's what's frustrating me so badly. Seeing evaps and thinking it's positive. Seeing nothing and getting line eye. *sighs

8 years ago • Post starter

Hi I'm 43 and also ttc. I have been trying since September last year and it is an emotional roller coaster but don't loose hope. I have only gotten to a week late and had bfn so it must be so frustrating after 3 weeks. I hope it ends with a bfp for you.
Keep me posted, it's nice to find someone else in their 40's trying.

8 years ago

Don't give up, I am now 45 years old. I fell pregnant with my son last year at 44 and gave birth one month after my 45th birthday. This was a natural conception and textbook pregnancy. He is now a healthy 9 month old and we are greedily trying for another.

I bought hundreds of cheapy internet dip tests to feed my addiction, but they did give me my BFP at 11DPO, although faint. I'm not sure how long this will take and am fully aware my chances of another are very slim but I have faith!!

xx

8 years ago

Awesome! I hope I can still conceive. The chances are lower with us in our 40's but still possible. I've heard some personal success stories the last couple of days , all natural. I've also been hearing from different woman that they have gotten bfp's late in their pregnancy, it's not common but it does happen. I went to the er today since my Dr's office was closed. I noticed when i walk , my cramping is more and I feel a pulling sensation in my lower abdomen right where my uterus is plus nausea. I only felt that when I was pregnant but not sure if it was later in my pregnancies. I was there 6 hours and they did a urine test and it was negative. I googles their test since they left it on the counter and it had a sensitivity of 25. They took a basic blood work panel thinking they were doing a blood pregnancy test and when i was discharged it turns out they never did one!! oh well, My ac broke yesterday and i got to lay in the ac for 6 hours. Just waitning for the repairman to come here at 6 tonight. The hospital told me to follow up with an obgyn, so i have to start looking.

oh, and the cassette test they used at the hospital is showing an evap line. talk about going insane!!

It is definitely awesome to find others TTC in their 40s! I am 41. I have a 18yo, 13yo and 3yo. My hubby had no biological kids when we married in 2010. We decided to have one together then I was almost sure I didn't want anymore. But after a 13 day late AF with BFNs and a chemical pregnancy in the beginning of July my feelings changed. I have always gotten pregnant super easy but I'm nervous now. I am O testing but not ovulating yet! I don't want to drive my hubby crazy with talking about ovulating and all that so I think being on this forum will help! Lol

8 years ago

I turn 40 in 5 days. Ugh!! My boyfriend/partner of 11.5 years tried everything non-invasive in 2012 & 2013. No luck :-( 24 months of pure anxiety and crushing disappointment. A week ago, he looks at me and says, "Let's try again." So, here we go!

I've was on this site before and found phenomenal cycle buddies --- who were younger -- and now have beautiful children. I am taking Clomid (again) and Metformin; and, we are going to try (don't laugh) an "at-home iui kit". I've met and held children that were conceived this way, so it seems like a good next step since my CM is hostile (and our wallets are too thin for in office methods).

O for me should happen around the 11th. Cycle buddies welcome. Plus, positive thoughts to any of you in your TWW.

...can't believe I'm doing this again. Fingers crossed!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo