Community post

Discussion

Soya isoflavones

Hello everyone,

so tomorrow im gonna go and buy some Soya isoflavones, i see that tesco once sold them on their own but they dont now, it just says not available so my question is would they work the same if i bought a product that has it in?
Tesco also sell http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253541202

would this do the same thing as buying the soya isoflavones on their own,

thanks in advance for the reply and sorry to keep asking questions

User Image

7 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Ask as many questions as u want, no one's complaining.

Idk that I would waste money on those without knowing the amount of iso in it, u may end up taking like 20 pills just to get a decent dose. Do u know the mg and percent of the iso's? I couldnt see it in the add but I may have missed it as well.

10 years ago

just looking i think its 20mg so if i do 80mg a day thats 4 tablets a day i would have thought 80 a day would be enough right? i do have AF every month but i want to get my cycles more regular, hopefully something like 28days. i will also look what other things they have with it in as i may visit boots they will have alot more available.

what do you think?

Boots also have Phyto Soya High strength which says 2 tablets = 70mg of isoflavones, there is 233mg of Soya extract in that but costs £20 lol but has 60 tablets

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

There is is also http://www.boots.com/en/Estroplus-30-caplets_1253642/

this contains

Total Carbohydrate 1 g 1%
Riboflavin 5 mg 294%
Black Cohosh (Root) 40 mg
Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 200 mcg 20%
Folate (as Folic Acid) 400 mcg 100%
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 20 mg 100%
Thiamin (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 5 mg 333%
Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg 100%
Boron (as Boron Chelate) 1.5 mg
Isoflavones 80 mg
Cranberry (Fruit) 25 mg
Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Acid Succinate) 30 IU 100%
Chromium (as Chromium Dinicotinate Glycinate) 120 mcg 100%
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 25 mcg 417%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 25 mg 1250%
Balancing Herbal Blend 200 mg
Isoflavones Blend 80 mg

User Image

Go with whichever is cheaper then try to order from another country. As far as having the highest phytoestrogen content, the last one is the best. Black cohosh is also a phytoestrogen so will help with increasing ur estrogen levels, altho its ideal if u can get it separate becuz its taken for days 1-12, these being menopause pills, theyre more of a daily maintenance dosing. If u wanna skip this altogether and look online to order from the US, it can save u a decent amount of money...esp if u end up on the longer end of ttc and supplementing.

Try swansonvitamins.com and see how much shipping would cost u. Its not worth it for a bottle but if ur looking to order multiple items then u can save quite a bit. Canada is similar in over charging on these products, I used to pay over $30 for a bottle of iso's then started ordering higher doses with more per bottle from the US, for $9.49...saved a tonne. Thankfully, cuz I ended up taking them for over a year. If u get really impatient, clomid is always an option.

10 years ago

Thanks again for replying. Surprisingly there's only £5 difference lol yea I do plan to order online but I'm impatient lol and today (Monday) is cycle day 3 for me so I need to get something now so I don't have to wait for another cycle lol so this is just for this cycle then il buy some online where il have time to wait for them. I did look at clomid but cheapest iv found it is £30 by the time of postage is added I will go for the 2nd one then and this was actually the cheaper one aswell hehe

User Image

Im just about to watch Walking Dead so I will be offline til tomorrow (Mon) but if u wanna msg me ur email addy, I can fwd u some info. =))

10 years ago

User Image

User Image

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo