Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

341 - 350 of 486 Replies | Last Page

Hi miracle ! Yay for starting new cycles. My estrogen was 44 and my re wants under 75to start new cycles. Remember I'm also coming off bcp so that is also impacting it. I started my first set of shots and I start stim shots twice a day tomorrow. Excited for this cycle and all of the possibilities :)

Texas- yes my dh and I had to sign risk of multiples paper work. We are hoping for twins so no problem for us, we are very low risk for them though.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

10 years ago

I once did an IUI with 9 mature follicles. They made me sign a document about multiples. And read a handout about selective reduction.

Regarding multiple follicles, my RE said that more follicles increased the chance of pregnancy by 5%, but the chance of multiples by upwards of 20%. So you were only a tiny bit more likely to get pregnant, but if you got pregnant, you were a lot more likely to get pregnant with multiples. Of course, at my age, pregnancy at all is exceedingly unlikely, so I wasn't worried about it.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Congrats lvlolo!!!!!

10 years ago

I am on CD5.

10 years ago

Well ladies, IUI #3 did not work. We have the option of doing another IUI cycle but my RE has said that the likelihood of success drops significantly after 3. We can't do IVF until we switch insurance in June, so we have a decision to make. Anyone on IUI #4? We have unexplained infertility, no issues with His samples (23 million to 29 million post wash) and I've had ( 1-2 follicles with several smaller each cycle). I'm almost. 39, he's 40, One pregnancy naturally which ended at 9 weeks one year ago. Hope everyone is doing well!

10 years ago

Hi smith! Sorry to hear about the bfn. Do you have insurance now for iui? My re said the same thing about going past 3 iui cycles and that is why were doing ivf now, but if your insurance covers it or the cost is low, I would go for it :) wishing you all the best!

10 years ago

Thanks awhittiker- we do have coverage for three more iuis, so I'm thinking maybe try again. Good luck everyone!

10 years ago

Hi Smithb, sorry about the BNF. I hate those. I'm on IUI#5 now. My doc said that the odds do drop after 3, but that it was worth trying at least 3 (up to 6) on each level of meds. I'm not down with that, so I tried 1-2 on each level of meds and am now at the highest level. I've got weirdness with not getting enough follicles and having them grow really fast, so we are going to try a suppression cycle to try and get the rapid growth to slow down (and in the process, get more and better eggs per cycle). If I were in your shoes I'd try three more, but get RE to suggest other more IVF like med regimens. If you are only getting 3 follicles on the highest meds you may also need a suppression cycle to prevent your body from pre-selecting the dominant follicles.

AFM: I had nausea again this morning, so I broke down and took a pregnancy test. BFN. At least my trigger is gone. 9dpiui, 11dpt (trigger was still there at 9dpt) I think my new batch of pregnancy tests is less sensitive than the last lot, that batch was showing my trigger out to 12-13dpt. I buy them 50 at a time, so the lots last a long time.

10 years ago

Hey everyone, had a cancelled iui this month (too many mature follies) but was nice to follow along with everyone's experiences.

Wondering if anyone can comment on or suggest what has happened me this month. I stopped taking gonal-f cd12. I had light bleeding cd21 and cd22 (just when wiping). Nothing much of anything since except unusual dry mouth and normally I have really sore bbs before period but nothing this time. I tested just after the bleeding and then on cd 32 (2 days after usual AF due) - BFNs. I am now on cd39 and AF is currently about 8/9 days late. Should I be worried? I really don't have any typical pregnancy symptoms at all and given the BFNs using FRER don't believe I could be pregnant.

I have never bled mid-cycle before. AF usually pretty predictable- less than a handful of time has arrived as late as cd36 but normally cd30.

Any ideas what could be going on? Thanks!

10 years ago

Jojo, your period could well be quite late because of the midcycle bleeding (especially if it was period like). You can count the first day of that bleed as cycle day one.

I've had that with Vitex (natural clomid?), I'd assume it is a hormonal imblance caused by your drugs if it has never happened before and since you have a regular cycle.

In my case, I just started my Femara with my next period and still produced good follicles (of required amount) for IUI, as proven by scans.

So I don't think it is a major problem. You might have to get your fertility doctor to do a review of your medication maybe?

To many mature follies? Maybe you need just a bit less of the stims

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo