Community post

Discussion

using vitamins to lengthen luteal phase!

Just wanted to share some helpful information I came across this month… I have suffered from short luteal phase before I conceived my second baby (after my periods returned they were back to normal, then suddenly they were short again). Instead of waiting until I was ready for baby #3 and then struggling to fix things I decided to try to fix it before it becomes a problem. Anyway…!!!!!
I did some research and found that a few vitamins were pretty handy in lengthening your luteal phase. B6, and vitamin C i read were wonderful for regulating things without messing anything up. I bought both.
I am a vegetarian and have cut out most dairy because i hate milk and eggs, so i started taking fish oil bc it was recommended to me by an acupuncturist. Also started taking folic acid and calcium and magnesium (again bc i don't really eat dairy and i read calcium is VERY important for TTC) and apparently you need to take magnesium when you take calcium.
So anyway, just wanted to share that after last month of spotting from CD24 until finally starting my period on CD28, this month I am on CD28 and haven't had any spotting and my cramps are almost non existent! I should note that i typically ovulate on CD14 (average).
I know that I was/am always looking to hear stories of natural ways to regulate my cycle and thus far this is really working so i thought i would share :)

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Just want to add that I started my period on CD29! No spotting prior to, just a nice long luteal phase :) I am not a doctor so I can't say for certain that the vitamins are what did it, but thats the only thing I changed and it really seemed to help!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo