Community post

Discussion

Snowwhite missed bcp for week could she be bfp?

Hey guys! I don't know if there's anyone left who remember me but hi to everyone! I hope all my TTC buddies have gotten their shiny bfps and are on their way to motherhood if not there already! I missed you all.

I need some help if you'd be too kind. I'm not actively TTC. In fact I'm still on BC. But don't get me wrong but if all this comes to fruition I would not be disappointed. But I am.not seeking it right this moment.

My LMP was may 12th. I took my inactive week off.then forgot to refill my pills and missed an entire week of active.pills (the first week of.the pack) so I started my BC pills again on may 24th. Not thinking I.had unprotected.sex (with and without ejaculation) pretty much every day from may 24th to June 6th.

I'm not sure IF or WHEN I would have ovulated but it would.have been in those two weeks probably late may. I can't recall if there was ejaculation during that time but there probably was.

On June 1st I came down with the flu. It was a doozy. It kicked.my ass.until about June 4th. Then on June 6th I some up without hearing in my right ear and severe vertigo..headaches off and on. Some nausea but no.vomiting. constipation. I went to the doctor on the 7th. He said it was an early infection and gave me antibiotics. On the 10th I went to the hospital in severe pain. The doc said there's.no ear infection and tested me for meningitis. (Blood work LP and ct scan) no meningitis.

By this time I noticed tingling and mild sensitivity in my boobs which I chalked up.to my Bf playing with them more that usual. I then experienced mensrual cramping..pretty intense. I don't get cramps especially not on.BC I started thinking that was weird and checked to see when my period was due. Which is when I discovered.that it was technically late.because.the missed.pill week. But I could.be suppressed by the BC. So.I am very confused.

I went back to the er on the 12th to find out about the loss of hearing and the vertigo. The rest of the pain as subsided. I also mentioned.the other symptoms and how I missed some.pills etc and they said they'd do a.pregnancy test before the rest of my tests.

They then decided that I had to go for a.hearing test which was outside the hospital because they weren't set up.for.it. so they sent me to an ENT and audiologist. But unfortunately they didn't tell me if I was pregnant or not. They just handed me my chart and sent me on my way.

When I got to the ENT and it dawned on me that I didn't know if I was pregnant I checked my chart. It said (BHCG) and then a check mark. But didn't say positive or negative. Dammit.

So the ENT diagnosed me with a virus that attacks the hearing and balance nerve. He prescribed a.high dose steroid to see if its decrease inflammation and I'd get my hearing back. It's touch and go really whether or not I.will but I'm.hopeful.

However. I'm still not.sure if I'm pregnant. If going to try to call the hospital later the day and see if they'll give me my results over the phone. If not I'll test again Monday myself. (My pregnancy test from.my TTC days are at my place and I've been staying at moms while recovering. But theyre.probably expired now).

Looking back other symptoms I've experienced are: mild heartburn. Alternating between increased and diminished appetite. Probably did to illness. Weird smells also probably due to illness. My left breast has always been small but now looks quite large and the areola is a bit dark. Fatigue is extreme but also probably die to illness. My body temperature is up but not feverish. And I've been having very.vivid dreams which I attributed to being sick and medications.

So thank you for reading that huge post. You can see why.I'm confused. Part of me is going "eh don't worry there's no way you're just sick". The other half is freaking cause its possible. I'd also like to add I haven't had a flu since 2011 and even then it wasn't very bad.

So. Do you think I could be bfp? Or is this crazy? Thanks in advance! I'm gonna go see if I can call the hospital.

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I also forgot to mention I have an abundance of thick clear cm. I'm usually dry as a bone on bcp. I noticed this a little over a week ago and chalked it up to some weird flu thing. No odor no itching no color. Just plain old cm.

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Wow, u went through quite a week...shit! The possibility for pregnancy is definitely there. I'd be running to the store and buying a test. I have a BCP baby, missed no pills and took 'em faithfully at the same time everyday (which is funny cuz now that I'm not on them, I couldnt get preg to save my life lol!), so u definitely have a chance. Go get a test...this will make me nuts now. Test and update plz!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo