Community post

Discussion

Using opk's for the first time....

So I got a great positive opk today n me n the hubby be... Then stood on my head.... Do they mean u r ovulating or fixing to because I'm having the ewcm but my cervix doesn't seem to be open it is soft though...

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Usually with OPK's, once you receive the positive, you have a window of 12-36 hours of when you will ovulate. For me, once I get the positive, I only have 12 hours and then I ovulate so I usually do 2-3 a day when I know I am getting close. I think by now I could buy stock in the company and be farther ahead. :)

Good luck to you!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

12 years ago

I have taken several in the last 6 hrs still a very strong positive but my cm is drying up... Weird or is this normal?? :)

12 years ago • Post starter

feldkjod - i am exactly like you and discovered after using opk's ( and this mnth temping) that after my first surge it's well over within 24 hours, id say around the 12 hr mark too. its very quick. so, for me this month is the first time i have timed it well i think.

missalicia, i suggest you keep testing at a set number of intervals during the day. it will be easier to see when the surge starts and when it finishes. when i get nr ov. time ( or what i think), i test before bed and then 1st thing in the morning, then lunch time and evening again...over the last 2 cycles ive noticed a catch the surge at 7.30a.m. ( at 11.00p.m. the previous day it never showed). it can be really tricky but i think im finally getting the hang of it.

i suggest you keep busy for the next few days, and keep checking with your opk's.

as for the cm drying up, this can happen ive heard even during your fertile time, i wouldnt focus too much on that as a sign. likeewise, you could be showing positive opk and the hormone may be high still to detect but the egg has dropped already. just cover your bases and get busy ;) best of luck x

User Image

12 years ago

okay so it was def. the positive cuz the next evening it was back to the dark control line light test line... :) And we did!!!! the night before at like 1 a.m. then the day of right after i got my positive!! :)

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo