Community post

Discussion

5cm Ovarian Cyst and missed period? So confused.

I was in the hospital last night. I had gone to urgent care with lower right abdominal pain and they sent me to ER for cat scan. I had that done as well as ultrasound. I had already been 5 days late for my period.

As it turns out during our first month TTC they found a cyst on my ovary that is approximately 5cm big. All pregnancy tests came back negative as well.

Could this be the cause of my period being late?
I don't know if I missed LH surge because of an error on timing of tests, but I didn't get a positive OPK this month.
I don't think it will show up at all this cycle.

If any of you ladies have any experience with this please reply or personally message me.

I've never had one before and I am really scared for when it might burst.

Should we stop trying to conceive until it's completely gone?

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I have severe endo and I can't tell you how many false positives I've gotten. A cyst that large can affect every aspect of your cycle. It's extremely painful and when they burst oh my! I had surgery last year to remove my cysts and Doc told me that it will be very hard for me to conceive on my own due to scarring. I also lost function of my right ovary due to damage from repeat ruptures. Talk to your OB about options. Unfortunately they may want to put you on birth control to help your body absorb it. Which sucks but I'd rather go on birth control for a few months than take a chance on losing that ovary. Good Luck to you!!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo