Community post

Discussion

What labs should a doctor do to check hormones / fertility?

I am a Army spouse and I am on Tricare insurance. Anyone here that is a military spouse might be able to relate to the sometimes questionable healthcare received. Sometimes it feels like you are just a number and in order to receive any sort of special attention you need to stand on your head and do a dance. Now of course this is NOT always the case and I have had wonderful military docs and service as well. However, since this TTC journey has started I have felt lost. When I miscarried, they made me wait in the pregnancy waiting from for 1.5 hours before seeing me to tell me, yes, my HCG levels were back down to <2. :-(

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, my husband and I have been TTC since November of 2015. We had one m/c in Feb and a Chemical pregnancy in April. With my first, I got pregnant that first month we tried. I feel as though something is wrong with my body, like perhaps my progesterone is off, or something.

I have a Pap Smear appointment beginning of next month. What tests do I ask for at this time? I understand they probably wont order all of them, but I want to go in there knowing what I should have done, and fight for it.

Thanks!

User Image

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

So I'm assuming you're going to drs on post? Have u thought abt going off post? I have yet attempted to use my tricare, but then again we don't live on a base.

Anywho, I don't even remember the names anymore, when I was going to a fertility Dr, but I know he checked my levels at day 3 n again after I ovulated to make sure I indeed ovulated. Then throughout my course, they checked my estrogen n progesterone every couple days. Oh n b4 that I had a hydrosonagram or water sonogram to make sure there was no blockage and whatnot. U can also ask for ur thyroid to be checked, that's one thing that can throw off ur hormones.

Sorry I couldn't have been better help.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo