Community post

Discussion

Newbie :)

Hi guys :)

I'm new to this site, I have a 2 yr old son named Jacob and had a miscarriage with my second son, Cameron, at 16.5 weeks in July.. Been TTC ever since.

Cameron's due date is coming up on the 15th of Dec so I'm REALLY hoping for a BFP this cycle! I am on CD28, my last 3 cycles have been 28 days, 26 days and 38 days (10 days late - way to get my hopes up!) I used a Maybe Baby this month and got the ferns on CD22, but have had some ferning this week too so who knows! BD on CD7, CD14, CD21 and CD23 (husband has been on new medication which lowers his libido, argh!).

I had nausea last night and today, lots of heartburn, having trouble sleeping and having lower back pain. Every month I convince myself I have all the symptoms! I thought I saw a faint line on HPT today but husband can't see it.

Anyway, long story short, I'd love to find someone to talk to while I'm on this TTC journey, I'm having a bit of trouble coping with the MC and don't really have anyone in "real life" to talk to about it or about TTC!

Baby dust to everyone xx

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi there. So sorry about the miscarriage. I had one in April at 10 weeks, and that was bad enough. Yours must have been incredibly traumatic, I know mine was! We are still trying for our first baby and I am on fertility meds to try an increase the number of cycles I have per year (irregular normally).

I went through the same as you in hoping to be pregnant before the due date of my baby. Didn't happen. Now I am trying to get pregnant before the due date of my little sister's. Hers will be hard. We have had some good cries together about it all, but seeing my mother collect baby things for her is baby when I feel it should have been me. I was pregnant long before her :( I still have emotional issues over the miwcarriage. I think I always will. The initial hearbreak wore off, but now if someone says the wrong thing at the wrong time I don't cope well. 5 friends had babies the month mine was due. Lots of baby showers. It is not an easy road, and there are not too many who understand.

I know your problem with symptom spotting. After 23 months of trying I can still find new ones!

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply Shelob, and I'm sorry for your loss. Its such a horrible thing to go through, but then we have the added pain of trying again (unsuccessfully at this stage). I can't imagine how I would have got through it without my son, Jacob, so my heart truly breaks for you, being your first.

Which meds are you on? I'm wondering if I need to go to the doctor, I feel like I'll never fall pregnant with irregular cycles!

When is your sister due? It must be really hard seeing everyone get excited for her, but your time will come - hopefully very soon xx

10 years ago • Post starter

I am on clomid for ovulation induction. I have done 4 cycles on 50mg and this cycle they have upped it to 100mg as I have not been responding well. Hopefully this time!

My sister is due in the middle of February. I am trying to be as involved as possible as if I don't I know I will just want to run away and hide the fact that it is even happening. I love her to bits and am extremely happy for her but it still pains me. She knows it and is extremely sensitive to me. Apparently she told her husband she wanted to give us her firstborn!! Both our husbands were not too happy with the idea and of course she never would have done that but I appreciated that she thought about me enough to even think of saying that.

Irregular cycles do make it really hard to conceive. Do you think you have a hormonal imbalance?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo