Community post

Discussion

'Pregnant 1-2' yesterday, followed by 'not pregnant' today?!

View Full Post

Hi,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months. I am 34 (nearly 35) he is 38. Previously I was pill for 18 years!

Yesterday I was 11dpo. With FMU I tested two cheap internet dip sticks and they had VERY faint lines. I uploaded the images to this site and 84% of peeps said it looked positive, so when I got home (after not drinking or peeing for 3 hours) I did two more dip tests and again a very faint line appeared, so I decided to use one of the Clear Blue Digitial tests that I had bought a few days ago. It came up 'pregnant 1-2'! I was so happy and told hubby when he got home from work, who was also really happy!

I have been charting my BBT and my temps have been going up and up, this morning (12dpo) it was 36.85, it has never been this high, and this time last month it had dropped back down by 11dpo ready for period a few days later (I have 29 day cycles average). So a high reading this morning looked really promising!

However I did another Clear Blue Digital test this morning with FMU and it said 'not pregnant', and the dip sticks had faint line, but looked a bit fainter than yesterday I think, but hard to tell.

So now I'm confused! Have I had an early loss and would it show a difference that quickly, just over night? Although I was having some crazy cramps yesterday evening, but then I've been getting mild cramps through whole of luteal phase.

Or was one of the tests lying to me? Remember the positive test was with afternoon pee and the negative was with first morning pee! ...so I'm stumped. I'm assuming this morning's 'negative' is correct though as in theory the morning pee should be stronger?

Hubby is off work today, so he's going to go and buy me some more tests to do when I get in from work this evening and tomorrow morning. If they come back with a mixture of answers then I will see doctor, if they all say negative then I think I will believe them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I still be pregnant, or is a negative a 'negative'!

xx

89 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

51 - 60 of 89 Replies | Last Page

Aww yeah it's always been something in our hearts. We always said that same thing!

I went and looked at your tests and definitely DEFINITELY a line!! Man I hope that little bean is a sticky one!!! Two months in a row, so so awesome! I doubt it would be chemical but if it turns out to be I may check I'm with the doc just to let them know. I had a friend who did the same thing, turned out the sperm and egg were meeting but weren't compatible. She has a one a half year old son, as soon as they knew what was going on she conceived quickly albeit with a little help and it stuck!

Looking forward to the FRER results!!! Lol

Oh and get this, I went to the doc to follow up after surgery and I didn't have a cyst rupture...when I ovulated and the egg burst through the ovary it hit an artery and I was bleeding out. Crazy! The doc said the odds of that are astronomical...should've played the lottery!!! :/

9 years ago

Wow!! You definitely should play the lottery!! What a random thing to happen, that egg must have shot out like a bullet! Lol! :)

Yeah The strength of the line for 11dpo is actually making me fairly positive about this one! Fingers crossed!

Yeah, if this one doesn't stick I'll definitely check in with the doctor as I'm 35 on Friday and we've been trying for 6 months now, so I think they'll listen more with those circumstances! :)

Fingers crossed I'll be making a doctors apt because I've still got a line on the FRERs though! And hopefully a nice strong line, getting stronger!

xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Oh awesome!! I'm 31! Yeah they'll listen! Lol well I'll be over here waiting impatiently!! Ha

9 years ago

The line is slightly darker today!

Last night I was really fatigued, a terrible headache and felt a bit sick, all of which came on really quick ...which made me really happy!! :) haha! Hoping that meant my hcg levels were increasing!

Still keeping everything crossed! :) my AF would normally be due on Saturday. If I'm still getting positives, and AF doesn't arrive, then I'll make a doctors appointment for next week.

Hoping and praying! x

Yes!!!! Sending big prayers your way! That sounds very promising!! Maybe you needed the month of "not trying". Aww I'm smiling ear to ear! I hope this is it for you! Then you'll have to keep me posted on boy or girl if it is! ;)

9 years ago

Oh I'll keep you updated alright! I will want to tell the world I think! :) xx

Heaffer: your test looks great! I say congrats!

9 years ago

Thanks!! :) ...the line is even darker today! ...I'm so excited!! :)

I'm keeping everyone crossed! xxx

8 years ago • Post starter

*everything !!

8 years ago • Post starter

Oh wow! It looks nice and strong!!!! Eeee this is great! Did you have a frer come out this good last time? I'd say this is a good one :) many many sticky prayers! Is it weird I look forward to our morning updates?! Lol

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo